There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

the statistician job in capital one

Current Employee - Statistician in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Statistician in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I heard the work environment is great in capital one and the colleagues are nice too

Cons

This is a amazing place to work in, if you have chance just try it!

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

Very depressing place to work regardless of the benefits!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Capital One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, schedule flexibility, paid training at regular salary.

Cons

The type of work is beyond depressing, its a call center no matter how the company tries to tell you that its totally different than any other call center. Being monitored constantly especially when dealing with angry or upset customers most of the time is just not worth the decent pay and benefits. The software used to handle customer accounts is very flawed and so is the process used to carry out certain customers requests such as credit limit increases. Employees are not given any information to explain everything needed to customers, making them angry most of the time. Just sitting in the chair all day taking calls is too depressing, definitely the worst job I have had and I understand why they try to pay decent and offer benefits because the job is so depressing! Also it seems like advancement to manager or CAT is based heavily on social factors instead of merits. The company claims to have customers service on par with Discover and Amex, but the in-call requirements and structure required to receive high quality scores completely prevents an agent from having any shot at replicated the magnificent customer service received with Discover and Amex. I have both cards so I know first hand.

Advice to Management

Improve your software to hand accounts, lessen the workload on employees, and loosen up on strict call monitoring procedures. Do not try to pacify employees with constant offering of food and candy instead of actually addressing employee morale issues due to the depressing job itself. Do something real to make it better.

2. Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Highly analytical - Excellent work environment - Working with very intelligent people - Flexible work environment, work from home, etc - Ever changing environment - Opportunity to explore new career options and roles

Cons

- Competitive - Forced distribution performance management - Promotions limited to 10-12% of teams (or less) depending on group

Advice to Management

Do away with forced distribution, reward your best or risk losing top talent.