Highly Recommend

Current Employee - Process Manager in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Process Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

Capital One has a strong culture of "Excellence and Do the right thing", providing a great work environment to develop and hone critical competencies, numerous development opportunities (large and small projects), while also understanding and promoting the balance between personal life and work. It has been a great place to work for many years while I've progressed in many ways; I highly recommend working for Capital One.

Cons

While working here for many years, our benefits and compensation felt like they were exceptional early on, but with the purchase of other banks they have been decreased in order to provide standard benefits across the board. This, I'm sure, has occurred in many other corporations, but it would have been nice for the 'Maverick' of the financial industry to buck the trend and keep the high level of benefits and just extend them to new banks and employees.

Advice to Management

I love the culture and environment at Capital One, and it wouldn't exist if not for the superior leadership of upper level management at Capital One. All levels of management understand and appropriately communicate the direction Capital One is heading frequently. Thank you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One

Pros

Capital One has great benefits, great salary and incentives. There are opportunities to work from home, training opportunities, and the facilities are top notch. I've also had the pleasure of working with many bright, fun people!

Cons

The hiring process is long and slow. Lots of people seem to consistently work really long hours. And it seems every couple of years or so layoffs (of varying sizes) happen.

Advice to Management

I think Capital One is a great place to work and anyone would be lucky to have a position there.

2. Capital One

Former Employee - Vice President in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One

Pros

work/life balance and development opportunities

Cons

limited advancement potential due to no growth

Advice to Management

none at this time