Capital One

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Funding Analyst

Former Employee - Funding Analyst in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Funding Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Nice Campus , Diversity

Cons

Auto Finance does not care about home life, if your not SUPER TOP PRODUCER they don't care about you.

upper management in the department needs to give the supervisors personal training

1703 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

I worked at Capital One for a year

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn good bonus money. Benefits all start on day one.

Cons

Scoring of calls can be objective and this effects your bonus. Little flexibility for time off especially on weekends,

Listen to the agents feedback

Awesome place to grow your career, especially for newbies

Current Employee - Principal Data Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Data Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are surrounded by amazing people, and the energy is infectious. You can came a long way very quickly as a new hire, especially because of the Analyst Development Program trainings and networking opportunities.

There is a formal review process, so if you are good, you can move up quickly. I increased my salary by 50% in 2.5 years due to generous raises and fast promotions. Capital One is a feedback culture, so you can always learn how to improve. You can tell your boss candid ways for him to improve as well (and he actually acts upon it).

Every day is different. You can keep pushing yourself to learn more, and it's relatively easy to change roles if you find something more aligned with your interests.

The CEO makes it a point to talk to the entire company once a year, even though it requires him renting out huge theaters all across the country and spending several days repeating the same speech. Capital One also has the most ethical practices in the credit-card industry (i.e., we don't want to make money by tricking people into fees), and they are always pushing to get better.

Cons

Job roles can be siloed. Data analysts can code without knowing the business context, and business analyst can try to do their jobs without having a grasp of coding. That said, if you are motivated, you can switch between teams / job roles here easily, or expand on your current responsibilities.

You will work with many people from the HSBC acquisition who aren't the same caliber of talent / motivation

If you live in Northern Virginia, you are sometimes the only person in your office working on a project with 10 people from Richmond. Get used to the phone and / or the company shuttle.

Keep embracing the "Change Banking for Good" mission. It definitely makes sense when we can waive fees, etc., in certain situations for a better customer experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One