Capital One

www.capitalone.com

Status quo rises -- swim hard or you'll sink

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe majority of the associates are incredibly smart and driven. Salaries and benefits are good -- the vacation is especially generous, but it can be hard to find time to take it.

ConsPerformance management pits employees against each other, and takes up 2-3 months every year. If you're willing to put in a lot of work over and above your normal role, you can get promoted, but the bar rises every year.

The culture is very meeting-based; it's common to find yourself without a spare minute all day, and then you still have to do your "real work."

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of mixed messages -- the campus was blanketed with banners and signs about the company mission just days after a layoff was announced.

Great Company to start banking career!

Full Time Teller (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great training program, easy systems to learn, management that care about… Cons: Job advancement can be difficult passed certain management levels. Company looks outside to fill major… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on less initiatives and create more internal job opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

capital one

Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great culture and flexibility with working remotely Cons: limited growth opportunities for those that are not complacent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!