There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

IT Manager

Current Employee - IT Manager
Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great management support across all towers, good work life balance, since insourcing has begun it is getting better and better as more resources are brought internally.

Cons

High expectations, if that can be a con but I guess the largest challenge has been learning the internal flow if things but not too rough if you take good notes of your resources you will be just fine.

In my tower I am quite happy with my management I think if I had to make a suggestion I would say "your remote workers are a great cost savings and happy to please workforce that tend to work longer hours without complaint and from my little place in the world it is a great system with plenty of room to expand".

reviews filtered by

Bad culture

Current Employee - IT Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their 401k match is pretty good but the salary isn't compatible with the market.

Cons

They don't treat people right and people who's been with the company for a long time runs the show regardless effectiveness or efficiency. All power of IT is in Richmond so if you're located other than Richmond, it will be hard to be recognized.

Treat people right and give them advancement they deserve not because so and so knows who.

Capital One FRAUD DEPARTMENT, Tigard Oregon.

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Average insurance plan, dental plan is poor. Typical benefits of a large company. Possible future growth at Capital One, just not here in Oregon.

Cons

Pay that is below par. $12.25 for "professionals", people with experience, people with college degrees, and people with years at the company. High turn-over due to this unbelievably low pay. Many leave for better jobs, and see Capital One only as a temporary job.
    Capital One still uses cheap out sourcing of employees in Costa Rica and the Phillipines. Employees who have trained the Cap One employees there say the conditions are horrible (Manila). This company make BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars in annual profits, sponsor high paid actors, NCAA tourney, have constant ads, etc.,...but can't pay wages that keep employees above Oregon's poverty level. They still mainly profit off of high interest credit cards.

Pay US and foreign employees wages that support families/themselves, not "bottom of the barrel wages".
    Invest in your employees, treat them like they matter so the high turn-over rates stop. Re-invest some of those billions in your quality employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One