IT Manager

Current Employee - IT Manager
Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management support across all towers, good work life balance, since insourcing has begun it is getting better and better as more resources are brought internally.

Cons

High expectations, if that can be a con but I guess the largest challenge has been learning the internal flow if things but not too rough if you take good notes of your resources you will be just fine.

Advice to Management

In my tower I am quite happy with my management I think if I had to make a suggestion I would say "your remote workers are a great cost savings and happy to please workforce that tend to work longer hours without complaint and from my little place in the world it is a great system with plenty of room to expand".

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

Mixed Messages

Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capital One full-time

Pros

Talented, dedicated, competitive people who are selected for the power of their ideas. The people that excel there are truly deserving and every day I realize how exceptional the people that work here are.

Cons

the super-competitive people that Capital One hire are graded on how well they cooperate with others, then put into a super-competitive 360 review/forced ranking process that amplifies small errors.

Advice to Management

Embrace diversity of approaches and be concerned more with outcomes than process.

2. Company success has moved too fast for employee mindset to keep pace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy workloads, so work life balance is very easy to achieve Good benefits Nice work environments You'll meet some really great people

Cons

The company has grown fast. But, the traditional and limited real world experience of its large Richmond employee base has not been able to keep pace. Mind sets are slow to evolve and there's a total lack of real experience, but a mindset that they think they are great and better than everyone around. A company who grew up in Richmond has to grow up and out of its old ways of thinking or it will be taken over by the likes of smarter and better players like The Wall Street banks.

Advice to Management

Really listen to what good people and great talent tells you. Internalize it and make changes. Avoid organizational hubris at all costs.