Great place to work overall, management could learn a few things though!!

Former Employee - Process Coordinator II  in  Plano, TX
Former Employee - Process Coordinator II in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I worked there, I loved the culture and my co-workers. There are also great opportunies to give back and serve the community. If you are looking to learn and grow this is a great place to do so. I started as a bank teller and was able to transfer to an administrative role within a year. There are many days I miss working there, and even though it was a cutback in my department that led to me losing my position there I am forever thankful for the wonderful opportunities I had while working at Capital One.

Cons

Their hiring process can be long and a bit crazy with multiple interviews on one day. I lost my position due to cutbacks and even though I had tons of internal people trying to help me get a new position, and had excellent performance reviews, I wasn't able to find other work within. So, even though they talk about retaining quality talent, they don't mean it when it comes to the bottom line. However, you find that at every company.

When you have talent, and individuals who have constantly proven themseleves and have had valid high scores on their reviews you shouldn't allow them to walk out the door to unemployment. Especially when that employee is saying they want to learn other things and stay with the company, and has shown their ability to learn quickly. Also, if you are going to let that happen, please don't pretend you care about retaining talent.

Other Reviews for Capital One

Great Company a lot of emphasis on sales

Current Employee - Teller I  in  Great Neck, NY
    Current Employee - Teller I in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved working here the customers were great and my branch felt like a family. The management were really understanding and everyone looked out for one another

Cons

There is a lot of pressure on sales. Full time and part time employees had the same sales goals and large branches and small branches had the same goals.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Amazing working environment. Treated as a full time associate. Work life balance. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

I was a contractor. Wish it was extended for some more time

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!