Capital One

www.capitalone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Great place to work overall, management could learn a few things though!!

Former Employee - Process Coordinator II in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Process Coordinator II in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I worked there, I loved the culture and my co-workers. There are also great opportunies to give back and serve the community. If you are looking to learn and grow this is a great place to do so. I started as a bank teller and was able to transfer to an administrative role within a year. There are many days I miss working there, and even though it was a cutback in my department that led to me losing my position there I am forever thankful for the wonderful opportunities I had while working at Capital One.

Cons

Their hiring process can be long and a bit crazy with multiple interviews on one day. I lost my position due to cutbacks and even though I had tons of internal people trying to help me get a new position, and had excellent performance reviews, I wasn't able to find other work within. So, even though they talk about retaining quality talent, they don't mean it when it comes to the bottom line. However, you find that at every company.

When you have talent, and individuals who have constantly proven themseleves and have had valid high scores on their reviews you shouldn't allow them to walk out the door to unemployment. Especially when that employee is saying they want to learn other things and stay with the company, and has shown their ability to learn quickly. Also, if you are going to let that happen, please don't pretend you care about retaining talent.

1699 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Great Company a lot of emphasis on sales

Current Employee - Teller I in Great Neck, NY
    Current Employee - Teller I in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working here the customers were great and my branch felt like a family. The management were really understanding and everyone looked out for one another

Cons

There is a lot of pressure on sales. Full time and part time employees had the same sales goals and large branches and small branches had the same goals.

I love my company

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for growth, easy to advance.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One