There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Great Company

Former Employee - Teller I in Metairie, LA
Former Employee - Teller I in Metairie, LA

I worked at Capital One part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training process was thorough, and the office culture offered a very team-oriented environment. There were also incentives to perform at your best. There were also fitness initiatives and discount programs offered to employees.

Cons

Pain customers, meeting referral goals, getting called out for bad reviews

reviews filtered by

Here one day, gone the next. (A company that doesn't hesitate to remind you how expendable you are.)

Former Employee - Senior Risk Coordinator in Chester, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Risk Coordinator in Chester, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits: health, dental, vision, stock purchase etc.

Cons

Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work. Very Cliquish, only people who get promoted are the ones who suck up to superiors or make the company a substantial amount of $$$ in a short period of time. My former colleagues and myself made this company about 20 times what they pay us. The rewards for your hard work seems non-existent. Just a small merit increase and hope for a well deserved promotion. (or at least a job that relevant towards one's degree) Emphasis on "hope."

Advice to Management

Ease up on the favoritism. At least don't make it seem so obvious. smh

Not proud to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a relaxed work environment, at least superficially, where jeans are ok, there's a ping pong table, and a gym downstairs. Depending on your manager, flexible hours or working from home might be available. Health insurance is expensive, but has good coverage.

Cons

Since being purchased by Capital One, benefits and morale at our local office have sunk to all new lows. Few of our technology systems are integrated, and after two years it looks like we are nowhere closer to being so. Communication from management is more about generating a feeling of inclusion, than actually passing along useful information. And while a few original processes from our company remain in place, anything new introduced by the corporate office bring additional layers of inefficiency which prevent workers from completing normal job assignments.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One