Capital One

www.capitalone.com

Potential Opportunity for Contractors

Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe culture is great and processes are set up to allow entrepreneurial thought at any level. They are open to working from home (though this has recently been less true for contractors) and many contractors have successfully transitioned to permanent, full-time employees.

ConsContractors are not always treated well. There is some legal consideration with making a difference, but some of the behaviors are mean-spirited and unnecessary. I heard a story from one contractor whose manager baked cupcakes and brought them from home, but wouldn't let the contractors have any. This type of childish behavior is more common than you might think.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider eliminating the contractor program. Contractors work just as hard as full-time employees, but are treated as second class citizens and take a lot of tribal knowledge with them when they leave after their two-year stints.

Thick-skinned and adaptable? If you said no, this isn't the job for you.

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Irving, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great pay, great benefits. Never worked at a company with such a flexible time off policy. Managers and HR seem to go out… Cons: The job can be very stressful. Cap1 implements frequent and rapid policy changes and train either too little or too early before change is in… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time on training. Also, refrain from sacrificing employee's free time to appease shareholders.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Master Testing Specialist

Master Testing Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: A bank that has strong IT roots. Great People who help each other and great leaders. A great place for college graduates to… Cons: I have no cons for this company, I love it… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on doing what it is that you do. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Capital One.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!