There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Great Company

Current Employee - Process Manager  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Process Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company values are excellent. They believe in helping the community, treating employees with respect and investing to make the customer experience the best. Never been at a company like this one before - amazing place to be.

Cons

Promotions are few and far between - company is good at targeting talent for advancement but lousy at enabling the rest of the resources who weren't selected.

1524 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Good opportunity! Overall, enjoyed my time working there!

Former Employee - Lead Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Lead Teller Manager

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and perks for those that meet individual and branch goal. They give you the tools to succeed as long as you put in the time and effort. Hours of operation is in par with the industry and travel time between home and branch is pretty reasonable.

Cons

I believe that Capital One overall is behind in the technology field and needs to focus on catching up to the rest in the market. It would also be beneficial if there were better career opportunities outside of sales and this is with the understanding that the company is in the banking industry.

To some degree it felt a little like the employees that were just coming in to the organization were treated better then those that put in years of service. Please remember that all are equally important to get the job done in all aspects.

The benefits and perks are pretty good.

Current Employee - Teller I  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Teller I in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Benefits, and perks. Opportunities for growth often available.

Cons

Management is a challenge, poor HR. Can be stressful at times.

Pay, benefits, and opportunities for growth are all GREAT at Capital One. My only issue is Employee relations. Calling HR on a customer service hotline should be last resort if an issue is urgent, not the primary option. At my branch, managers can be antagonistic and unfair sometimes, and everyone is scared of being fired or blacksheeped (which my management does) at the branch if they call HR. So employees either just endure or quit. There should be a floating HR representative, just like an MBB (multi-branch banker) that discusses HR issues within the branch with all employees that he/she floats to. That may help.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!