Capital One

www.capitalone.com
  www.capitalone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Fantastic place to start a career

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Associate in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Marketing Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Capital One

Pros

Amazing work/life balance, great pay, strong support from senior leadership, opportunities for job chance and promotion if you can go above and beyond.

Cons

Business managers run the company, so marketing is occasionally undervalued. Sometimes tenure is valued more than hard work or competency, but really nothing to lose sleep over.

Continue to invest in talent. Start an MBA intern program and offer more in terms of tuition reimbursement. I would have stayed with the company if that was the case.

1641 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Not much pressure, no growth opportunity, limited income, income is much less than told

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Capital One

Pros

Benefits are good at Capital One - both health benefit and also 401K - otherwise, nothing special about the company.

Cons

I am really disappointed that Capital One is not what it could have been. There are no opportunities for growth and the average sales rep has very below average production - with no help from management or senior management. Operations is also very poorly managed and frankly, it's pretty difficult to get a loan through closing in a timely manner or sometimes to close t all.

Senior management needs to actually listen to what the employees say. They provide lip service that they care and that they listen, but their lack of action tells a very different story. The majority of employees are not happy, and management honestly doesn't have a clue.

I was not pleased with the structure and organization of my dept. Very unprofessional environment

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital One

Pros

My immediate supervisor was supportive as I was top producer. She helped me get thru the rest.

Cons

Not prof. Upper mgmt drove dept with punishment rather than reward which applied to all as a team. Stupid

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One