Capital Reporting
www.capitalreportingcompany.com Washington, DC

Great place to start your career in sales and work hands on with a successful team!

Sales (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Capital Reporting full-time

ProsI worked at CRC for about a year and a half. I worked in business development. For someone with very little sales experience- it is a great way to work with some successful salespeople and learn hands on what works in this industry. You really have no limit to what you can earn and and what you make of your time here- you can sit around and make peanuts or really develop your rolodex and be on meetings and assisting in important court cases. For sales- the skills are transferable so if you are looking to get started, I highly recommend it. Although- there are some older sales members who have really made a career at CRC too! There is minimal 'hand-holding' in sales- for me and others this was great- we were able to draft our own sales emails, and really market ourselves and CRC as if it was our own little business. It is also great to see how a small business works- and you are able to wear several different hats. We all made suggestions to management for sales tools that they then invested in. You definitely have a voice here. There are also committee's so even for someone who is working in sales, or operations, you can see how the company develops its marketing decisions for example. Like others said, it is also a very cool old townhouse near Dupont in DC- its easy to get to by the red, orange and blue line. I was paid quite fairly here as well. Sales staff makes commission in addition to salary and from what I know of other salespeople in DC, its really market rate for the area. Again- commission will vary on your performance and I know myself and my colleagues have had very lucrative periods when you develop a relationship with a good firm. Also- two casual days a week!

ConsIf you need strict direction in sales-there is not as much of that at Capital- like I said, there is not a lot of hand holding; however, help and advice is always available to you if you ask for it... there is a great open door policy to get advice and training to better yourself, and continual education and growth is encouraged.

It is a small company- and I know some people do not like having to help in other areas outside their job description. If you are not a team player- you may not fit in here. We all pitch in to clean up the front, prepare for emergencies, and help one another out when we are swamped (such as sales picking up the phones when the operations team is in an all hands meeting). I like this aspect of small business, so it was a pro for me, but some people may consider this a con in their job hunt.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! It was a great place to grow and learn and I had a great time there with some awesome co-workers and managers... had I wanted to stay in sales, I would probably still be there!

i've been here for over a year

I have been working at Capital Reporting

Pros: I started working at CRC about a year after college, and since then I have grown expediently both personally and professionally. Since my first day… Cons: There is a lot of work that needs to be done, but… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to appreciate and push your employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Consider yourself warned

Operations (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Capital Reporting full-time for more than a year

Pros: -The people - most people outside of management are young, ambitious, and fun to work with -Career opportunities - most people that can bare… Cons: -Ethics - I would bet my bottom dollar that the positive reviews before this one were directed by management. During my tenure, employees were asked… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Capital Reporting.

Worked for Capital Reporting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital Reporting reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital Reporting employees.