Capital Senior Living

Extremely disappointing

Former Employee - Director of Marketing
Former Employee - Director of Marketing

I worked at Capital Senior Living

Pros

Decent Health Insurance
average salary
401K after 1 year

Cons

No advancement potential for women, this is a total "Boys Club" All the men at the top are friends and women are never promoted. Marketing Directors work twice as many hours in a week as the Executive Director, but they are the first to be blammed and "fired" once their census drops. It's very sad to have seen many women in the company leave or be fired due to the laziness and incompetence of the Executive Director and VP. Total boys club!

Horrible leadership in the midwest properties

16 Other Employee Reviews for Capital Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Don't come here for the money or advancement, only come if you have a soft spot in your heart for retirees.

Current Employee - Courtesy Guard
    Current Employee - Courtesy Guard

I have been working at Capital Senior Living

Pros

Our residents become a part of your life. They aren't all wonderful, but the good ones make up for all the lousy ones.

Cons

Low pay for what we do, but it's that way across the board in other facilities like ours. No room for advancement. Low raises. We are definitely not here for the "Company", but for the residents.

There's a way to keep good employees. Research some methods. It may improve our facilities. Our residents *PAY US* to keep them happy. We are not doing our job very well when all I hear are complaints from them. Listen to your residents and act upon their concerns accordingly. I am sickened by how "Corporate" treats our residents and in turn, the facility management. This is obviously a Top-Down company.

I worked at the Atrium facility in Carmichael. In the beginning it was great then it turned awful.

Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Carmichael, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Carmichael, CA

I worked at Capital Senior Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and sampling the food.

Cons

Not many opportunities to move up, poor management, if you are new they don't always work around your schedule, if you don't learn fast the other employees aren't friendly, minimum wage without tips, kind of all for yourself rather than a team.

There are newer employer reviews for Capital Senior Living