There are newer employer reviews for Capital Senior Living

Extremely disappointing

Former Employee - Director of Marketing
Former Employee - Director of Marketing

I worked at Capital Senior Living

Pros

Decent Health Insurance
average salary
401K after 1 year

Cons

No advancement potential for women, this is a total "Boys Club" All the men at the top are friends and women are never promoted. Marketing Directors work twice as many hours in a week as the Executive Director, but they are the first to be blammed and "fired" once their census drops. It's very sad to have seen many women in the company leave or be fired due to the laziness and incompetence of the Executive Director and VP. Total boys club!

Horrible leadership in the midwest properties

reviews filtered by

Don't come here for the money or advancement, only come if you have a soft spot in your heart for retirees.

Current Employee - Courtesy Guard
    Current Employee - Courtesy Guard

I have been working at Capital Senior Living

Pros

Our residents become a part of your life. They aren't all wonderful, but the good ones make up for all the lousy ones.

Cons

Low pay for what we do, but it's that way across the board in other facilities like ours. No room for advancement. Low raises. We are definitely not here for the "Company", but for the residents.

There's a way to keep good employees. Research some methods. It may improve our facilities. Our residents *PAY US* to keep them happy. We are not doing our job very well when all I hear are complaints from them. Listen to your residents and act upon their concerns accordingly. I am sickened by how "Corporate" treats our residents and in turn, the facility management. This is obviously a Top-Down company.

2. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

I have been working at Capital Senior Living

Pros

I could not ask for a better company to work for. I have the work life balance a mother of two very young children needs. My boss is AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC and understanding. The work load is fair and due-able. I think I finally found a place where I can grow with and eventually retire from!!

Cons

Unfortuantly this is a senior living community so people to have to return to the Lord. That is the hardest part of the job. Saying goodbye.

You guys ROCK!