Capitol Autism Services

www.capitolautismservices.com
  www.capitolautismservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capitol Autism Services

This company has given me several opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Scheduler in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Scheduler in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Capitol Autism Services

Pros

Competitive salary, great group of people to work with, paid training room for advancement and they acknowledge and recognize your work.

Cons

Unfortunately due to the states economic deficit we have not received salary increases for the past three years although they give employees room for advancement

6 Other Employee Reviews for Capitol Autism Services (View Most Recent)

I work for a great cause and the company culture is fun and very supportive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Capitol Autism Services

Pros

Working with the kids - very rewarding
    Supportive management
    The company cares about the success of the clients and families we provide services to

Cons

I am required to drive a lot, which is tough on my car and sometimes my patience!
    Sometimes it can be frustrating when parents of client's are not supportive of program...how will their child truly be successful without their buy-in?

I would love to see us expand our services to include adults as well as other types of special needs.

Great company

Current Employee - Lead Instructional Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Instructional Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Capitol Autism Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked at CAS for over a year at their Land Park school campus. I started as an Instructional Assistant and after about 9 months I was promoted to lead. Which was great because the last company I was at in this field made it almost impossible to move up without a masters. There is a huge range of kids on the spectrum from the ages of 3-22. Many have extreme behaviors, but I have always felt supported by my supervisors and coworkers when dealing with a behavior. Working with so many different kids provides you with a great deal of experience. I feel like the management really gets involved and provides support when needed, which is great. I have had a very good experience here.

Cons

The hours as an IA can be hard when the students go on break for 1-2 weeks a few times a year but if you save your PTO it's not a huge problem. I feel like there could be more trainings for employees on different aspects of ABA and I think it would help with retaining the good employees.

More trainings! Other than that, I feel like CAS/LPA is a wonderful company and I have loved my time here.

There are newer employer reviews for Capitol Autism Services