Capstone Logistics

There are newer employer reviews for Capstone Logistics

Never-ending uphill battle

Former Employee - Site Manager
Former Employee - Site Manager

I worked at Capstone Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a site manager, your regional managers and directors are located in other parts of the country, giving you the opportunity to operate with some autonomy.

Cons

Poor communication between customer and Capstone at the Executive Levels. Information portraying what the relationship between the two companies was supposed to be like never seemed to get filtered down to management teams on the customer side at the sites. Capstone managers and production employees are viewed as 3rd-class citizens by the customer, and are outwardly treated as such. Extremely high turnover, with extremely low employee satisfaction due to pay-for-production pricing levels and availability of profitable freight for associates to handle.

The "kumbaya" relationship between customer executives and Capstone executives does not filter down to the site level, and Capstone employees at the site are left without support to fight a fight that cannot be won.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Capstone Logistics (View Most Recent)

Poorly Managed, Unbalanced Pay

Current Employee - Second Shift Supervisor/Freight Handler in Jackson, WI
    Current Employee - Second Shift Supervisor/Freight Handler in Jackson, WI

I have been working at Capstone Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This job keeps you in pretty good physical shape. Other than that, there isn't much positive about working for this company.

Cons

Working on second shift greatly limits your income opportunities because all of your loads are logistics loads, meaning they have a pre-determined rate through a contract with Sysco. I do up to 2 times the work as some people of first shift but get around the same pay just because I have no opportunity for cash/live loads.

If there was any way to integrate some cash/live loads on second shift or start an incentive program based on productivity and/or safety to balance out the fact that you only get logistics loads. This would make the position much more desirable and I feel it would make people want to stay at this job.

You have been warned

Current Employee - Unloader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Unloader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capstone Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely NONE. Just look at the reviews and include the other name they used LMS Intellibound. The only people rating high are managers, should tell you something

Cons

The company is so bad, they changed their name from LMS Intellibound to Capstone Logistics. Guess that is one way to hide. Why do the managers all give the company 5 stars and the real worker gives them 1 star. I know, because they reward the managers for cheating us out of our hard earned money. This company should be a big target for a Union. They would clean up this mess.

Starts at the top. You must be behind all of the problems from cheating drivers out of fair charges, overcharging the customer and paying your employees minimum wage. You should b e ashamed.

There are newer employer reviews for Capstone Logistics