Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Clive, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Capstone is a very professional, employee focused organization. Pros include emphasis on employee development and flexibility. Another strong point is the niche focus on the insurance industry. Capstone is full of knowledgeable specialists on the industry. This makes them exciting to work for as the focus is on delivering value based results rather than just filling a job order.

Cons

Just like any job there are drawbacks. I can't think of any that would differentiate from the rest of the pack. Honestly, after nearly ten years I still can't come up with many.

Advice to Management

Please keep focusing on the great culture!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Tremendous Company; Great Team!!

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I joined Capstone as a young insurance professional with just a few years of sales experience. At the time I was just hoping that I could make the transition into recruiting with some of the insurance knowledge I gained being beneficial. What I found was every bit of my insurance experience was fostered into becoming a successful insurance recruiter, but more so I discovered a career that I didn't know was possible through the guidance and mentoring of Capstone's two presidents. They created an environment that was challenging but supportive; one that was about being ethical and working hard but not at the expense of work/life balance. Its great to come to work with supportive people who lift one another up during the successes and failures that come with any career but especially so in sales. I'm very grateful that Capstone's owners saw in me the opportunity to have a career in recruiting and invested in my success.

Cons

Any sales job can be a roller coaster with starts, stops and unexpected turns. This isn't unique to Capstone but really any sales organization that relies on strong relationship building internally and with external partners. I think the owners do an excellent job of guiding CSG's team through the ups and downs and keep a very level head when the going gets tough.

Advice to Management

Management definitely has a vision for Capstone. Thank you for inviting every employee to be a part of creating and shaping that plan.

2. Outstanding Organization

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Clive, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at CSG you are put in a position to be successful. The company has a commitment to its employees to provide them with resources and tools they need to do their jobs. I find the corporate culture very refreshing and appealing. It is a terrific group of people to work with and an environment where you can earn a great living while still having the a great work/life balance. You feel valued both as an employee and as a person. While a professional organization, the importance of family and commitments outside of the office are always respected and supported.

Cons

Not a "con" of the company, but rather a reality of the job, is that recruiting is a relationship business. It takes time to develop networks and an understanding of client needs. This is not a job where you catch lightning in a bottle too often so you have to be prepared to put in the work to get where you want to go. It is all easier knowing you have a great team and leaders supporting you along the way.

Advice to Management

You've built something special; thank you for the opportunity to be a part of it.