Best career move ever

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Capstone is a perfect blend of a company with good Midwest values (hard work ethic, caring people, work/life balance) and ability to work with Fortune 100 companies across the country. They pride themselves on having not only insurance industry knowledge, but they are on the cutting edge of new ideas within the realm of recruiting, retaining, and empowering top talent.

Cons

The only downside to working at Capstone is that you better be prepared for some sweat equity. You cannot be successful by only showing up 9-5. The ideal person to be successful at this organization is self-motivated, driven to succeed, and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep your best people happy. The average tenure within Capstone is well above industry average. If and when those top performers stay engaged, the sky is the limit for future success.

reviews filtered by
  1. Committed to Success & Development

Current Employee - Search Associate in Clive, IA
    Current Employee - Search Associate in Clive, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would consider myself in the beginning stages of my career. After working for Capstone nearly 1 year, I can't imagine being a part of another organization that would be as committed to me, as I am to them.

The people that work here and the people that I get to build relationships is the ultimate pro. I came here with absolutely no knowledge of insurance and now I would consider myself well versed in the industry, I can't take all the credit, it really has been due to the entire team being so willing to answer any questions.

Additionally, the flexibility is great! Very family-friendly environment.

Cons

As in all recruiting positions, you are in charge of your own success. If you are not doing as well as you would like, you are the one needing to change your approach.

Being so new still, I am excited to see what happens when the people I speak with today, make a difference for my future.

Advice to Management

Always keep looking to the future and be able to evolve with the world of recruiting.

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Clive, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Clive, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Capstone is a very professional, employee focused organization. Pros include emphasis on employee development and flexibility. Another strong point is the niche focus on the insurance industry. Capstone is full of knowledgeable specialists on the industry. This makes them exciting to work for as the focus is on delivering value based results rather than just filling a job order.

Cons

Just like any job there are drawbacks. I can't think of any that would differentiate from the rest of the pack. Honestly, after nearly ten years I still can't come up with many.

Advice to Management

Please keep focusing on the great culture!