Capstrat

www.capstrat.com
  www.capstrat.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capstrat

A good variety of clients, industries, and people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Capstrat full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Capstrat is full of intelligent, driven , inquisitive people. They come from varied backgrounds in Public Affairs, Public Relations, Design, Interactive, Social Media, Writing/Content, etc. They range from 20-somethings to 60-somethings. They all have one thing in common, they want to help their clients solve critical problems and grow their business. I have seen many people come to Capstrat and really climb the ladder. Not everyone can cut it, because the workload can be demanding, but those that give it their all are certainly rewarded for their efforts.

Cons

You have to look long and hard to find something to complain about at Capstrat. The benefits, compensation, training budget, PTO, health care, etc. are all more than fair. If there were one complaint, it would probably be from some client teams that are having growing pains and are buried under the workload. Those teams will grow though and the load will get lighter when they do. Capstrat is notorious for slowly hiring, because they only hire the best. Seems like a smart growth strategy to me.

Keep it up. In the worst of times you have still managed to grow at a rapid clip. You are doing many things right. Be aware of where the growing pains are most severe and attempt to alleviate those more quickly.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Capstrat (View Most Recent)

Above average communication firm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Capstrat

Pros

Prestigious clients
    Challenged to be a "step ahead"

Cons

LONG hours and no additional compensation or time off
    Investment in the development of employees was not formally established.

Give more specific development plans for junior staff so that it's clear what path they can take to moving up in their career.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Capstrat

Pros

The people are very talented and dedicated, very interesting work and a strong senior management team. The company truly cares about delivering quality work for our clients while placing their employees above everyone and anything else. You have the opportunity to wear a number of different hats to learn and try new things while improving your skill sets.

Cons

You really need to think long and hard to find downsides of working at Capstrat. I think if I had to say anything, just like many other talented and growing companies, sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day to get the work done. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, there could be a lot worse downsides than this.

Continue to empower your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Capstrat