CarMax

www.carmax.com

Carmax from the POV of a part-time BOA

Business Office Associate (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Pros-The business office management team at this location is very good. They have found a good balance of working towards professional goals and maintaining a fun atmosphere at work.
 -I would consider myself friends with everyone in the office although I rarely spend time with co-workers outside of the work enviroment.
-I never "dread" work. I always seem to enjoy going to work. The only thing that ever makes a work day unpleasant is high volume of customers accompanied with low staff levels.
-This is a fairly low pressure job

Cons-There will ALWAYS be drama. Especially when there are a lot of females. Usually I can always find someone talking about someone else.
-Turnover due to low pay and a lot of students coming and going in this job (this location is very close to two Universities)
-inadequate management. Carmax as a whole is expanding rapidly 2011 and beyond and already management is being stretched; it remains to be seen if they can hire, promote, and train the management force needed to nearly double their number of stores over the next five years.

Good

Cosmetic Inspector/Inventory (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CarMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy,relaxed,fun,lots of driving,lots of cool cars to drive Cons: Working outside,working at night,working in the rain,working in the snow,working… Advice to Senior Management: None More

CarMax invests in their people and is great environment for growth

Lead Business Office Associate (Former Employee) Buena Park, CA

I worked at CarMax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Ability to try different departments (as long as you're in good standing with your current department) -Opportunities for growth -Develops… Cons: -Retail business=retail hours (personal con) Advice to Senior Management: I enjoyed by time with CarMax because I was given… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CarMax.

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!