CarMax
www.carmax.com Richmond, VA 5000+ Employees

No cost of living adjustment for region

ProsTraining program for someone coming in with no car sales experience is a Pro.

ConsDoesn't matter what part of the country you work in, you get paid the same per car sold. So, if you lived in the South and moved to the North, you will not receive an adjustment for living in a higher cost of living area. LGM's do not take your management experience into consideration if you want to advance your career. I have seen people get promoted to Sales Managers because they sold over 800 cars even without a prior management background. This doesn't always make good leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementHQ should take the Millions that the company makes and pay cost of living increases per cars sold for your employees instead of losing good people who struggle to earn a living. Corporate greed at it's best!!

Overall a very positive experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at CarMax full-time for less than a year

Pros: positive environment, not simply sitting in a cubicle on a… Cons: sales is commission only, lots of hours...no work/life balance Advice to Senior Management: allow for some schedule flexibility and employees would be more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is what it is...

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

I have been working at CarMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good people and good working environment. Cons: Not much available for upward movement. Advice to Senior Management: Reevaluate a sales consultants pay scale. Keep up with inflation. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CarMax.

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CarMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CarMax CEO Tom Folliard. All reviews posted anonymously by CarMax employees.