CarMax

www.carmax.com

Overall Satisfied

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant  in  Fredericksburg, VA
Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

Flexible schedule (create your own as a Senior Consultant), Company cares about employees, You earn more "perks" as you continue to achieve better results.

Cons

Pay does not follow rising cost of living, management shows a great deal of favoritism, the better you do, the more you lock yourself into your current position, sales will always have a "cut throat" mentality

Other reviews for CarMax

I have developed into a true manager, and can be successful anywhere I work going forward. However I will not leave.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Unrivaled career development. Work Ethic pays off I am truly blessed to work for CarMax. Exceptional pay and I look forward to my long career at CarMax

Cons

Retail hours. But that is what I signed up for so I can't complain. Not too much to complain about really. Not sure what anyone who is unhappy is talking about.

Keep on developing and keep up the good work.

Used cars typical bait and switch for employees.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Newark, DE

Pros

Met some very nice people, who by the way are totally disappointed in the job as well.

Cons

As a full time sales consultant there is absolutely no work life balance. You are expected to come in early, move cars, clear the lots when it snows for no pay. The hours are non stop. You will get one weekend off every 8 weeks. You will constantly be in on your days off to complete a sale rather than to lose it. the commission is the lowest in the industry, you will never see your family. In addition to that there are daily huddles, non paid, meetings that are scheduled that you are expected to attend even if it is your one day off. They love to say they are in the top 100 companies to work for, how that is possible I have no idea. You may think that I write this because I have not done well, not the case, made lots of sales but you are also selling your life away.

Be truthful with information regarding days off, weekends, hours and the fact that the minimum wage you are given if you are not making sales is a Draw, it will be deducted from your pay.

There are newer employer reviews for CarMax.

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!