CarMax

www.carmax.com

CarMax is a good company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is really geared towards their employees development, both personally and professionally. They provide their employees with a variety of different tools to accomplish their goals.

ConsCarMax's management team is very political. You have to be friends with your management team and other departments management team in order to move up in the company or transition into another department.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company wouldn't loose so many employees if they treated us like individuals instead of expecting every single person to fit into the same "box".

Good for new graduates who cannot find other jobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CarMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong senior leadership team, relatively low bar to join from… Cons: Low competent mid-low level management team, lack of talent for innovation, awful IT infrastructure and staff, departments can be political but people avoid to admit… Advice to Senior Management: Explore outside to hire competent directors/managers to lead departments No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A job, but definitely not a career (or even a long term job)

I have been working at CarMax

Pros: Fairly easy going Comfortable dress code Somewhat organized Easy to use system A… Cons: Carmax really only cares about making money for the company, they really don't care about the staff. There is not much room for advancement unless… Advice to Senior Management: Quit running reports and sell cars. Get out from behind… More
There are newer reviews on CarMax.

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!