CarMax

www.carmax.com
There are newer employer reviews for CarMax

So far my experience has been great. I was hired as part of a new generation store that will grand open in another week

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CarMax full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am still in training and it has been excellent and very comprehensive. Every person that works at CarMax always has a smile on their face and is very pleasant and helpful. I have not encountered the bad attitudes and egos from my past employers. Everyone genuinely wants you to succeed and goes out of their way to help you and ask if you need anything.

Cons

I have not seen any cons at this early stage in my career at CarMax. I am still in training and the grand opening of our store has not occurred yet.

I have none at this point as it is too early. However, every interaction with management has been positive. I especially enjoy the laid back and non-egotistical attitude of the CarMax managers at my store. They are very approachable and treat me with utmost respect.

821 Other Employee Reviews for CarMax (View Most Recent)

Good experience

I have been working at CarMax

Pros

Professional, each dress very formally. Good atmosphere. Very friendly.

Cons

A bit too hard. A lot of numerical assessment exercise. A full length case study is really difficult.

Great place to retire

I worked at CarMax

Pros

There are some really great home grown people. Regional team is awesome( depending on your region). Management has some great perks such as team builders and traveling for training. Food is a big plus and their are some managers that genuinely care about the people. There is tons of room to grow if you have the right senior management team at your store. Great place for some people to end their careers.

Cons

Regional team trust the word of senior management team too much. They should validate what they are saying at times. Some of the recruits that were brought in could and has ruined the culture CarMax has created. There is a ton of potential that goes unnoticed which is a shame. Quality standards are based on cost savings. Culture varies from store. Some stores have the general managers call all the shots while other stores embrace the opinions of all 4 senior managers. The job can become robotic since it's all process based. A lot of down time once you've been there for a while. Easy to lose the passion.

The culture is based on feedback which senior managers are scared to provide each other. Sales and operations clearly struggle to get along, the lgm should champion change. Sales associates create tons of problems for operations and operations passes on quality. Home office needs to be able to take this feedback and learn from it rather than make the management team scared to hear the truth. Home office has lost its pulse on the store levels.

There are newer employer reviews for CarMax