CarMax

www.carmax.com

So far my experience has been great. I was hired as part of a new generation store that will grand open in another week

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsI am still in training and it has been excellent and very comprehensive. Every person that works at CarMax always has a smile on their face and is very pleasant and helpful. I have not encountered the bad attitudes and egos from my past employers. Everyone genuinely wants you to succeed and goes out of their way to help you and ask if you need anything.

ConsI have not seen any cons at this early stage in my career at CarMax. I am still in training and the grand opening of our store has not occurred yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none at this point as it is too early. However, every interaction with management has been positive. I especially enjoy the laid back and non-egotistical attitude of the CarMax managers at my store. They are very approachable and treat me with utmost respect.

Wonderful company, questionable leadership

Detailer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at CarMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: Wonderful perks and benefits. Will train for many if not all… Cons: Some managers bring moral down and effect the whole department.… Advice to Senior Management: If more sincerity, follow through, and communication to associates were… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a great place to work, the pay just was not enough to support my family.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Plano, TX

I worked at CarMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: awesome environment, benefits, and all employees are thoroughly trained. Cons: wage freeze for 2 years, and small raise after 3… Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work, the budget is not always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CarMax.

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!