There are newer employer reviews for Carbis

Worked at Carbis over 18 years!

Current Employee - Designer  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Designer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Carbis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good size company that has been in business over 40 years (sister firm been in business 80 years). Fun people to work with. Items sold is in demand which provides security.

Cons

If you are lazy and don't want to work you will have a hard time.

None - they have been running the firm for a long time — must be doing something right!

22 Other Employee Reviews for Carbis (View Most Recent)

The owners are in it for their family not yours! Beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

I have been working at Carbis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some good co-workers and they have a

Cons

Owners don't care about the employees only about the future and well being of their family. They will work you to death and when you have no more to give they ask for more. Most people that are in management positions have no business being there. They have no clue how to manage and only got there b/c they buddied up to the owners. No time for your own family b/c you are too busy making theirs rich.

You better start treating "us" the employees better b/c if you don't you may not have any left. At company forums stop talking down to your employees and then asking for more overtime and for them to work harder. All you do is take away and then ask for more. Everyone has a breaking point and greed will bite you in the end. Start giving to the employees. Calling your employees "Terrorist" on 9/11at a company forum for putting comments in the comment box and using this web page is not the way to get more out of people. That forum was meant to honor those who died that horrible day in our history and then you think it is a good idea? Never giving raises for cost of living is not the way to get more out of people. Telling your employees that you may drop all health insurance and pay the penalty and leave us to get our own health insurance b/c of Obama Care is not the way to get more out of people. Telling us you are doing away with our profit sharing is not they way to get more out of us. Then when a fellow employee ask you the owner about raises you say we have to talk to our "Coaches" to see what we have to do to earn one and then saying you don't want us to sit around and wait on our review and raise b/c that will interfere with our job and production. Then after all that standing in front of your employees who have no more to give and patting your family member on the head and saying that everything you are doing is for him is a slap in the face to everyone who works hard for you and sacrifices their own family time to fatten your pockets. That is not the way to build morale and loyalty to you company. It's almost like you are blind to that fact that you are undermining your own company. Wake up and listen b/c most people who work for you are not happy and want out. Just be glad there are no other jobs in the area to move to.

Total Nightmare for "SHOP WORKERS"

Current Employee - Shopworker  in  Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Shopworker in Florence, SC

I have been working at Carbis full-time

Pros

Great group of hardworking shop employees

Cons

Where to start?
    No appreciation from supervisors/managers/owners.
    Poorly family owned and ran company.
    Working 60 hours a week for 5 months at the time because of mess ups on the office/business side of the company. They get to go home at 530pm to there families. We hardly get to see our families. "Company is barely breaking even" even though they are having "record breaking months" -words straight out of the owners mouth IN THE SAME SPEECH. We are seeing no profit sharing checks for the 60 hours/week we are working and sacrificing away from our families & hobbies. Can't have a hobby or watch your kids ball games when you get off at 7pm every night of the week. After taxes the OT pay is sure not worth it. Raises not being given for skill advancement & experience. Some employees have been there 5-7 years and maybe received 1 raise if lucky.( unless your a brown noser or showed favoritism) You cant plan to do anything or go out of town because as soon as they say "Hey we will be on 48hours next week" by Monday afternoon they are saying "plan on being here 12 hours tomorrow and the rest of the week, probably Saturday morning also"
    Company forums/meetings are held every 3 months or so that over half of the employees do not even attend anymore because they are so sick and tired of hearing the same bull every time about company not making money, and that we are going back to regular hours soon. While our questions/concerns out of the comment boxed is just being swept under the rug.

Appreciate your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Carbis

Worked for Carbis? Contribute to the Community!