Carbonite

www.carbonite.com
  www.carbonite.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carbonite

If your good at what you do, this is the company for you!! You MUST value customer service to work here, remember that!

Current Employee - I Wear Many "hats" in Lewiston, ME
Current Employee - I Wear Many "hats" in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Carbonite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a secure comfortable work place. They have an xbox with a flat screen tv and the employees vote on a new game every month that the company buys for emloyees to enjoy on their breaks. A leather couch and two leather recliners also are available in the break area. The company pays a portion of the vending maching price to keep the costs for employees down, thess are GREAT benefits in my opinion... In addition to the hourly wage there are often different incentive "games" where the agents can win actual money, sometimes up to $100 a pop, or they are fond of subway or dunkin gift cards, either way, it's FREE!!! Most recently they have been giving FREE snacks to whoever wants them, bananas, apples, granola bars... they are promoting healthy eating, and THEY pay for it!! In the past we also had FREE soda, that was quickly abused and had to be taken away becasue of GREEDY people taking cans home for their spouse or for them to enjoy while they are NOT AT WORK. :( The comany really does consider the customers their number 1 priority, your customer service skills need to excell to the highest level if you want to work there, they will not accept less!!!

Cons

Too many changes...it frustrates employees and brings moral down. It takes FOREVER to actually get an idea implimented, even if it's to the benefit of the company.

Try to stay consistent, allow senior employees to get a better shift than the "newbies" NOTHING is more frustrating to a senior agent than seeing a newb walk out the door at 530 and them being stuck at their desk until 7.....stop making EVERYTHING such a PROCESS...if it makes sense DO IT!

33 Other Employee Reviews for Carbonite (View Most Recent)

Opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Carbonite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

401k match, flex vacation, lots of responsilbility for those who want it. Company is interested in innovation and listens to ideas. Great team dynamics.

Cons

Difficult to mindshare at times due to technology differences between teams.

Stay the course, and continue to innovate

where is this ride taking us?

I have been working at Carbonite full-time

Pros

smart, dedicated, hard-working people who get along well; fun culture with free snacks and beer; numerous company outings throughout the year

Cons

company needs to deal with a couple of key people who are not contributing or not empowering smart people to do their jobs

what is leadership doing to ensure we can compete in the longer-term as it gets more competitive and people turn to mobile devices?

There are newer employer reviews for Carbonite