Cardinal Glass

Cardinal Glass Mountain Top, PA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain Top, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain Top, PA

I worked at Cardinal Glass

Pros

Plant manager is a great person, the whole facility is very clean. Good communtication on what tasks need to be completed.

Cons

Poor healthcare and poor management besides plant manager. Employee voices are not heard. Yearly wage upgrades are on the low side.

LIsten to your employees, enjoyed working for the company but when there is a serious concern you need to act on the problem, not just look into it.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Glass (View Most Recent)

Working for Cardinal you will be part of the family, or you will be ostracized.

I worked at Cardinal Glass

Pros

Very close knit family of workers, fairly low turn over

Cons

Only a few females in a management role. If you are not part of the "in" crowd you had better just get it over with and leave. Don't come in straight out of college unless its in engineering, most people in management have either come from ceramic engineering or worked their way up from the floor.

Don't pay so much attention to soft skills in someone that you over look their performance. No one is perfect.

very disappointed and very dissatisfied

Current Employee - Production Tech
    Current Employee - Production Tech

I have been working at Cardinal Glass

Pros

The locallity and compensation for this area. Also the float time and vacation hours recieved at the beginning of each year. The recognition each employee recieves for their efforts in working safely. The recognition for time of service as an employee at Cardinal and time of service in the Military. The awards granted for working safely without personal injuries.

Cons

The idea of mandatory overtime is ridiculous. I personally treasure my time away from the workplace. I do not wish to be there until it is time for me to return. Recently I have noticed that unspoken changes are occurring concerning duties to be carried out by employees. We are expected to perform the same duties working shorthanded, shuffling people around to do jobs that can wait for a better day.Fulltime employees are feeling the air of being forced out to make way for parttime employees so the company does'nt have to pay fulltime wages, vacation benefits, and medical benefits. The ridiculous ways that management is bending over backwards to try and win over customers that employees know good and well is not going to work.

Please, listen to your employees. I realize people have nothing but gripes and complaints towards management but, I feel if someone in HR would at least stop and listen to people and actually take complaints into consideration, people might feel that someone is listening and someone cares. I think this process would take time but, in the long run might pay off for employer/employee relations. Be honest with the people that work for you. I never placed trust in profit sharing but a lot of people did.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Glass