Cardinal Health

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

OK place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, PTO. Best vacation out of all the places I have worked.

Cons

.Pay and hours. Company can be quite deceiving/

No money for raises for the employees. Most of the money goes to vehicles and new technology

517 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

OK for you're not over 50

Current Employee - Med in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Med in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Descent, competitive benefits, nice perks like work out facility, coffee shop, 2 cafes to eat, credit union, drug store and drs on hand

Cons

age discrimination; I've applied for over 40 positions in the past year; I've gotten the privildge of pulling in about 15 interviews but didn't get any of the jobs. No real, concrete feedback on why I did not get jobs when asked. People interviewing me were early 30's and I feel like they didn't see how I could "fit in". I did well in the interviews, reciting problem senerios, the impact and how I solved them. Some jobs I had solid, seasoned experience....but did not get the job. It's too bad; I was hoping to grow and stay but I'm giving up. Been there five years. Management team can be very inexperienced and it results in "everything being urgent" cause they are so busy making a name for themselves. And, if you don't communicate that you want to grow towards being a CEO (little exaggeration here), then they won't want you. No such thing as a seasoned employee with excellent work ethics just coming in to do a great job and going home.

communicate value of folks over 50; dress code can be very seductive and not professional

Annual Review

Current Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company atmosphere, easy to stand out, friendly co-workers, challenging work.

Cons

Expect individuals to perform at unrealistic levels at times, performance reviews are subjective, financially challenging environment, multiple reorgs indicating management doesn't know how to solve problems.

You are invested too heavily in contractors. Also, consider who you are putting into leadership positions and the messages you are conveying to employees

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health