Cardinal Health

www.cardinalhealth.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

stressful company, Lack of leadership down right nasty management.

I worked at Cardinal Health

Pros

Its a job that will pay some of the bills.

Cons

No clear direction from management. Low pay even lower moral with employee's. Managements only concern is production output. Forget about being safe don't produce enough receive write ups.even if your production is 105% of normal. while others are promoted for 45% of normal.
Dir-ops. Back stabbing little weasel. Who hides his true self from all.
Operations manager. As long as he in not impacted he does not care.
Night manager. will do pushup for staff if marks made. Other than that has no direction.
Night supervisors. A. sexual harassment constant. forget HR they do not care.
B. Unable to find his behind with both hands. Unable to tell right from left. Seriously.
C. What way did he go.
Day manager. Nice but watch you back as she twist the knife.
Day Supervisor. Nasty as all. Will deliberately instruct you incorrectly and discipline you for following her directions. This company went from 3 termination a year to over 100 in three years.
Don't even get me started on the so called leads.

Listen to your employee's. they are threatened, harassed and put down daily. start following company and state employment policies and or codes. Stop the threats of termination or so called disciplinary actions for those employee's who bring up employment violations.

566 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

A work in progress

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cardinal Health has some great people, who are not only long-time employees, but employees truly dedicated to the success of the business. It's impressive to see their commitment.

Cons

The reporting structure is awkward for some business units and contributes to confusion, duplicate work, long hours and the unhappiness of employees.

Monitor your employees against the M,P,O,B structure and level and compensate accordingly. I think its time for a Voice of the Employee survey.

Long hours because of managements failure in hiring. Poor, disfunctional communication.

Current Employee - Warehouse Lead
    Current Employee - Warehouse Lead

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to use your vacation and health benefits as soon as you start. Decent pay for what you do. We have a fancy breakroom - the nicest one I've ever seen.

Cons

Very long hours if you work 2nd shift. They will say that the shcedule is 2-11:30pm for a warehouse lead, but it's more likely 12:30 or later before you will leave the building. Do not expect to see your friends and family during the week. You will also have to work most holidays and they will threaten you with insubordination if you protest having to cover another 12 hr shift on your off day. Asking for another day off to compensate is apparently unreasonable. They are slow to replace anyone you lose from your team. We run short 2 or 3 people most of the time because it takes 2 months to hire someone. They will blame this on the recruiter. They like to spend lots of money on week long kaizens.... Here's a novel idea, how about a kaizen to fix your slow hiring process. I have two bosses that don't see eye to eye and typically communicate poorly. That leaves their entire team stuck in the middle. I thought at first this was a great company, but they are just like all the rest.

Treat your people better and improve your hiring process so that your teams aren't continually short staffed and forced to work more that 100hrs a pay period.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health