Cardinal Health

www.cardinalhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Not worth the headache or low pay

Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, OH
Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You recieve a standard block of 19 PTO days along with 7 company holidays. Which is about the only thing CAH gives you.

Cons

Management, pay, advancement, pretty much everything. I was in medical and unless you were part of the old guard from Waukegan or had 15 years In Pharma you might have a shot at advancement.

It's not us it's you.

546 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

Not bad, better to come from outside

Current Employee - Six Sigma Black Belt in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Six Sigma Black Belt in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity with a Fortune 40 company. Great benefits and great industry...

Cons

Unless you are in "a circle" you won't progress. Also, not the best paying industry due to minimal margins.

Wish they would pay internal employees to match market conditions and value to company. Took an OPEX Black Belt role after earning my MBA while working at Cardinal and was not compensated for enhanced skillset even when encouraged to do so by the business.

Great learning experience. It felt good to work in the health care industry.

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great training programs. Aggressive company and good people there to work with.

Cons

Cardinal is famous for letting their experienced people go. There is constant change there in job titles, and they lay off too many people that have gained much experience there.

Too many people are placed on an artificial "fast track" for advancement. I've had more than a dozen people that I reported to in 12 years. Directors are promoted to departments in which they've never done that type of work. How can they possibly lead that team of workers? Cardinal needs to promote from within their department, so the people running the department knows what the issues are, and how to fix them.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health