There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Summer Intern

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH
Former Intern - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended.

Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events.

Subsidized housing was nice, too.

Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

Advice to Management

As another review mentioned, the GPA requirement for full-time recruitment is rather short-sighted and appears to be independent of the intern's actual performance at the company. For example, interns who wanted to enter the Finance EMERGE program had a very strict GPA requirement of 3.50.

reviews filtered by
  1. Hard work but great teams

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Many of the leaders are very dynamic.
    Beautiful campus and great commutes from several nearby communities with great school districts.
    Salaries are competitive.

Cons

Long hours and evening work is common.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk when it comes to work-life balance.

Strong Employees being lead by morons

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

The people are great, they give their all to the job and are a pleasure to be around

Cons

Senior Management is all about who you know. They promote from within, only the people who agree with VP's. They pay on the very low end of what is acceptable and work you to death. A personal life is not allowed.

Advice to Management

Bring in talent from outside with proven abilities and get rid of the dead weight.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health