Cardinal Health

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Management is awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paid time off was the only good part

Cons

Management that sits in their office the entire night and has no clue what goes on in the warehouse.

Listen to your employees, and upper management needs to hire managers that actually care about the employees.

508 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

Summer Intern

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended.

Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events.

Subsidized housing was nice, too.

Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

As another review mentioned, the GPA requirement for full-time recruitment is rather short-sighted and appears to be independent of the intern's actual performance at the company. For example, interns who wanted to enter the Finance EMERGE program had a very strict GPA requirement of 3.50.

Hard work but great teams

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Many of the leaders are very dynamic.
    Beautiful campus and great commutes from several nearby communities with great school districts.
    Salaries are competitive.

Cons

Long hours and evening work is common.

Walk the walk when it comes to work-life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health