There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Uncertain future

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Retail Chain in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No weekends, pleasant working environment.

Cons

Punitive attitude towards genuine sick days and emergency time off. Uncertainty in Pharmaceutical Customer Service Dept, and lack of being forthright with employees regarding their future regarding this matter.

Be forthright with employees that are hanging. Are you going to keep them or not? Feels like being used as long as needed, with probable layoff ahead due to losing Walgreens to Bergen.

483 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

Cardinal is penny wise and pound foolish

Former Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the non-management staff seems interested in doing the right. A few managers/directors also fall into this category.

Cons

Management continues to focus in on the wrong things; morale is the lowest I have seen. Continue to be pushed to focus on non-value add work that limits the teams ability to get the work done. After 20 departures, work is piling up and management is blaming people for not getting work done. Rumors of more layoffs just makes matters worst.

Re-orgs don't solve problems.

Horrible pay to deal with a lot of BS and mistakes

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to start your career..get in, get out.

Cons

Cardinal is one of the worst places to work in regards to pay. I started interview for lateral positions at other companies and realized I was significantly underpaid.. Some positions were offering double what I made. If you start at cardinal you better have a high salary, because no matter what you do from there..it won't increase. From what I can tell, knowing people across segments and departments..it's the same. As far as the positions itself.. Stay away from the med side..it's a complete disaster since their system "upgrade". They are barely holding their heads above water..and you'll hear it from the customers..or what's left. They also keep doing lay offs and lowering the base pay...not good signs. As far as management..If your ok with working for someone who is completely two faced..the Dallas office is for you! They lie.. Often..anything for their benefit. So don't be fooled. It appears there are also no morals, policies, or ethics. Whatever goes..sleeping with a customer, employee, or helping someone pass a drug test. I mean its all family...literally..if you aren't related to someone in the Dallas office..good luck. Everyone is related or sleeping together..it's extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. And if you are related o someone you've got it made..easy account.. Free time..living it up. Don't get me wrong, it's a great place to learn the healthcare industry but anyone in their right mind will not make a career there. And the opportunities to grow are minimal..so get in early, then leave for double the salary.

Quit hiring your children, have some class..stop sleeping with the customer to gain business...

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health