There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Working with Cardinal Health as a good experience. It not only streghtened my communication skills.

Former Employee - E-recovery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - E-recovery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good way to communicate via phone with customers.

Cons

It was one of those jobs that you coming to doing the same thing everyday.

None.

reviews filtered by

No longer the Cardinal of early days. No personal touch, no care for employees. Very sad!

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Dublin, OH
    Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn, you will. Trial by fire.

Cons

Top-heavy leadership has replaced the strong leadership I saw in 2005. In my first few meetings on projects, key/strong leadership were advising they'd turned in notice. Take note, high turnover. Be prepared for evidence of this when being unsure who you need to keep happy. You will not get a consistent answer. I have 8 years experience in the field I'm in now, and was so excited to come back. What I came back to was a different company led by a good old boys club, and not the morally decent leadership I remember.

First, level out management. A middle manager shouldn't have a team of 40+. They need time to ramp up employees, and coach their team. Upper management should likewise coach that level to decrease turnover. You're pulling in the right people, but cannot retain them because you're not coaching middle management or not giving them appropriate workload. This trickles down to new folks you bring in, and you lose them too. Bottom line, you're impacting you're customers and not compensating for it. Case in point, loss of Walgreens account this year.

Cardinal Health is a joke!!

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There was adequate training, but the opportunities were slim.

Cons

Lots and lots of overtime without getting paid! Temps are everywhere and they do not like or trust leadership. This place can ruin your career. Very unappreciative people.

Compensate employees. No bonuses and no career advice. No assistance with other people. No directives. Nothing!

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health