There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Great company to break into the healthcare industry.

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great starter company to break into the healthcare field. Great benefits. Unlimited learning opportunity. They want to see you succeed. All around great company to work for.

Cons

Overworked at times, workdays often exceed 12 hours, compensation is average for the amount of time worked.. Lots of reorganizing.

488 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

Working with Cardinal Health as a good experience. It not only streghtened my communication skills.

Former Employee - E-recovery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - E-recovery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good way to communicate via phone with customers.

Cons

It was one of those jobs that you coming to doing the same thing everyday.

None.

No longer the Cardinal of early days. No personal touch, no care for employees. Very sad!

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you want to learn, you will. Trial by fire.

Cons

Top-heavy leadership has replaced the strong leadership I saw in 2005. In my first few meetings on projects, key/strong leadership were advising they'd turned in notice. Take note, high turnover. Be prepared for evidence of this when being unsure who you need to keep happy. You will not get a consistent answer. I have 8 years experience in the field I'm in now, and was so excited to come back. What I came back to was a different company led by a good old boys club, and not the morally decent leadership I remember.

First, level out management. A middle manager shouldn't have a team of 40+. They need time to ramp up employees, and coach their team. Upper management should likewise coach that level to decrease turnover. You're pulling in the right people, but cannot retain them because you're not coaching middle management or not giving them appropriate workload. This trickles down to new folks you bring in, and you lose them too. Bottom line, you're impacting you're customers and not compensating for it. Case in point, loss of Walgreens account this year.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health