Cardinal Solutions

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Great Company, Good People, Excellent Opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

* Consultants are full-time employees with paid bench time, vacation, etc.
 * Plenty of opportunities for those who have the time to invest
 * Training and learning opportunities abound
 * It's a people-oriented organization that treats employees with respect and cares

Cons

* There is a little bit of an inside circle that may take some work to understand
 * There is occasional hesitancy to invest in some internal projects
 * On some fronts, the company still operates like a small organization and needs to continuously adjust as it continues to grow

Be willing to make the investments necessary to support the change that comes from the continuous growth being experienced.

Other reviews for Cardinal Solutions

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

I highly recommend Cardinal to anyone looking for a rewarding career in consulting. They do a great job coaching/mentoring young consultants and developing senior talent. A few of the reviews for Columbus are negative, and I could not disagree more. I have been a part of the company for nearly two years and it has been the most rewarding venture in my career thus far. There is a unique culture that not everyone is a fit for, but in my opinion, people here work hard and play hard. I have learned more from the other consultants than I ever expected to at a company. It is a very rewarding place to work. Not all assignments are perfect, but that is consulting.

Cons

Need to diversify the client base but I have noticed they are making headway. Continue to focus on new strategic consulting gigs and less staff aug.

See cons

My good, bad, and ugly experiences

Former Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

1. Loved our recently departed practice manager - He seemingly left for greater opportunity
    2. Compensation was good (loved the medical benefits)
    3. Some great people
    4. Strong client base in most locations

I really wanted more on this side of the scale but the lack of obvious pros over the standards drove my overall score down. I was leaning high coming into the review; however, a lack of clear pros established an overall score based on the lack of balance.

Cons

1. Fighting a perception of a staff augmentation stigma versus embracing the reality of consulting services, which typically means staff augmentation roles supported by strategic opportunities (by nature of the beast)
    2. So worried about maintaining consensus leadership that they appear to have forgotten that divergent ideas are often the foundation of innovation
    3. Thin on the very senior experience side of the balance sheet in the Columbus office
    4. High attrition rate - very few long-term employees in the Columbus office
    5. No clear focus on business direction or it's clear to leadership and they don't effectively share the vision
    6. Rewards those who are part of the consensus to a fault
    7. Forgot that people notice actions over words. What you reward is what employees inspire to emulate. Appear to support short-term reaction over long-term purpose
    8. Recent trend toward strong arm tactics over servant leadership
    9. Strong push for internal consultant participation beyond the client engagement obligations. Hurts the consultant focus on client first mentality essential to maintain exceptional customer satisfaction ratings. What business model doesn't put the client first?
    10. Location, location, location - odd inconsistency in consultant makeup throughout various locations
    11. Examine the office politics in detail to avoid a poor personal fit. Not all offices are the same

Pay more attention to the Columbus office as large attrition figures represent a costly adventure.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Solutions.

Worked for Cardinal Solutions? Contribute to the Community!