Cardinal Supply Chain Medical

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Medical

Pros

Seems like there isn't as much of the politics involved with corporate america. Most employees are high achievers, and that is the expectation.

Cons

Like most major companies in America, a 40 hour work week is a thing of the past. Face time seems to be real important.

Advice to Management

Keep on the growth path that we are currently on and continue to find new and innovative ways to create efficiencies

reviews filtered by
  1. Focused on employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Medical

Pros

Innovative environment, work with talented people, great customers

Cons

Cumbersome decision making at times

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve communication and also reputation with customers

2. George Barrett looks for a way to dig out of the mess he was left.

Current Employee - Senior Product/Marketing Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Product/Marketing Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Medical

Pros

Cardinal offers a lot of opportunity. As an employee, I am able to learn something new everyday. I am never bored; the work I do is challenging and fulfilling. I feel I make a difference by doing what I do. There is so much room for change, and as such, it is uncommon to hear "No, you can't," or "That's not how we do it here." If you present a good idea with good data and support to back it up, you are given free reign to implement upon that strategy. Unless you don't want to grow intellectually, you absolutely will grow at Cardinal.

Cons

Confusion, confusion, confusion. Cardinal cannot decide what it wants to be or what it wants to do. Change can be a good thing, but too much change too fast -- that is not a good thing. Cardinal's constant stop and starts and changes of direction are confusing to everyone -- especially its employees. Cardinal lost a huge number of employees -- and the knowledge that those employees owned -- when it transitioned positions from McGaw Park to Dublin during Wave 1. Everyone suffered as new employees struggled to learn their new jobs. Then came a round of layoffs -- and more confusion ensued. Then came announcement of a split and once again panic set in...and this in the middle of the Wave 2 transition. Add to that, a CEO who believes in a cube environment which is demoralizing, anti-productive, and completely interruptive to the "normal" work environment to which employeees were accustomed. Oh, and did I mention a 6 month postponement of yearly pay increases -- along with decreased bonuses due to company underperformance and a new pay-for-performance that further demotivates employees since reaching goals is no longer enough....

Weak management that lets certain employees do whatever they want while others are held to an entirely different set of accountabilities doesn't help.

Unhappy employees moving from position to position or leaving the company all together add to the mix of confusion that is Cardinal - M.

This is not a happy place to work -- unless you thrive on confusion, uncertainty, inequity and an overall sense that you mean absolutely nothing to the company you work for.

Advice to Management

Respect the hard workers not the people who tell you what you want to hear. Being nice / PC is not the most important qualification on a resume. Hire managers who hold their employees accountable. Make it a fair game. Put the right people in the right jobs -- don't put people in those jobs just because someone at the top likes them or is pulling for them.
    Who can get the job done? Get rid of the cube environment -- it fosters bad feelings. It leads to gossip, rumor-spreading, poor work quality since you can't concentrate worth a darn.... This is a losing proposition.

Don't change the rules in the middle of the game. If you promise raises, deliver them. If you say bonuses will be given for MEETING goals, deliver them. Don't hold back and say you have to have exceeded your goals to get a full bonus.

Take advantage of the few good employees you still have left. Learn from the bad mistakes you have made this last year.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Supply Chain Medical