Overall-- Great, Very Satisfied

I have been working at Cardno ENTRIX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of diverse opportunities. Fair compensation. Good support (HR, office, IT, etc.). If you have to work for somebody besides yourself, I can't think of a better place (and no, I don't own stock ...yet).
Some of the reviews from lower level people (like myself) seem a little unfair to me. It seems that some people feel entitled to big bucks and big responsibility too soon. To move in this company, you need to make yourself valuable, you have to hustle to keep up your work load, and you have to be willing to solve other people's problems-- the "find a need and fill it" attitude. When you've developed some cred --when you've earned it-- you have to be willing to ask for more. The managers are BUSY with "real' work (sign of a good company). They are not sitting around waiting to hold your hand or thinking of ways to make your life better. Too often I hear folks who sit around and wait for work to come their way and then complain when they aren't handed a silver spoon.

Cons

There are some growing pains/information gaps with all the merger-acquisition activity. It's inevitable-- change is always difficult, especially when you were already happy. Though there's always room for improvement and a lot of 20/20 hindsight, I've been pretty impressed with how they've handled all of the uncertainty so far.

Keep up the good work.

Other Reviews for Cardno ENTRIX

Lots of learning opportunities

I have been working at Cardno ENTRIX full-time

Pros

Diversity of project work keeps things interesting.

Cons

Public ownership lets stock price drive management decisions.

Non-transparent communication from management with little to no advancement opportunities

I worked at Cardno ENTRIX

Pros

Intelligent staff, honest consulting, science, not business driven focus. Technical skills are required and can be learned from the senior staff.

Cons

No transparency from Senior Management in business decisions, no room for training or advancement for those without their PhD. Top heavy with PhD staff and too little focus on supporting staff that produce the work.

Keep your employees in the loop and provide more structured training opportunities and career path options. Know you have talented staff and reward them as such in their career objectives.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardno ENTRIX.

Worked for Cardno ENTRIX? Contribute to the Community!