Changing Tides

I have been working at Cardno full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cardno appears to be a company based on integrity, which speaks loudly in today's business climate. The top management appears to be stable (even with the recent change of CEO). The diverse suite of services and business locations is impressive by anyone's standards. I'm very proud to say I work for Cardno.

Cons

Numbers are the "gods" of big business; which is unavoidable. I'm no longer a valued employee, but rather a valued number as long as all my micro-managed numbers line up properly every moment of each day, and I have backup to prove it. The future is no longer relevant beyond next week. While Cardno's vision for 2020 is being presented, current employees are catching on that the vision may be at their expense for future employees to enjoy. The atmosphere has become reactive rather than proactive. It's every employee for themselves. HOWEVER... given the changing climate, things will likely get better (how can they not?).

Embrace the future, but don't forget the work force that is getting you there. Right now the term "organic growth" is tossed around like a bad slang term. We see top management promoting themselves to new heights... really hoping that isn't the extent it.

Other Reviews for Cardno

Plenty of freedom, poor leadership

I have been working at Cardno full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a steady job with a steady income. There is a lot of freedom in this office to create your own schedule and work style.

Cons

This office lacks leadership and useful training. In a entry level position I have found it difficult to gain skills or direction for advancement.

Put the time in to properly train your new employees. Training mudules do not replace leadership and strong project managers.

Cardno ATC

I have been working at Cardno full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Cardno ATC has been a blessing in many ways for my career.

Cons

In the middle of an international merger.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardno.

Worked for Cardno? Contribute to the Community!