Solid Company that suports the staff.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant (Management)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant (Management)

I have been working at Cardno

Pros

Entrix is a first rate environmental services firm. Professionals are treated like professionals. Very little micro management and the access to junior staff is excellent.

Cons

The company is going through a growth stage via the acquistion process. This could lead to internal competition amongst the sister companies.

Other Reviews for Cardno

Great place to work, but horrible pay

Current Employee - Staff Scientist  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Cardno part-time for more than a year

Pros

very flexible, Co-workers are great to work with, office environment is great. Willing to spend money on new equipment, which cuts down on field work time.

Cons

The pay is awful, never recognized for hard work. After being bought out a lot of higher management is jumping ship.

Changing Tides

I have been working at Cardno full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cardno appears to be a company based on integrity, which speaks loudly in today's business climate. The top management appears to be stable (even with the recent change of CEO). The diverse suite of services and business locations is impressive by anyone's standards. I'm very proud to say I work for Cardno.

Cons

Numbers are the "gods" of big business; which is unavoidable. I'm no longer a valued employee, but rather a valued number as long as all my micro-managed numbers line up properly every moment of each day, and I have backup to prove it. The future is no longer relevant beyond next week. While Cardno's vision for 2020 is being presented, current employees are catching on that the vision may be at their expense for future employees to enjoy. The atmosphere has become reactive rather than proactive. It's every employee for themselves. HOWEVER... given the changing climate, things will likely get better (how can they not?).

Embrace the future, but don't forget the work force that is getting you there. Right now the term "organic growth" is tossed around like a bad slang term. We see top management promoting themselves to new heights... really hoping that isn't the extent it.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardno.

Worked for Cardno? Contribute to the Community!