Care.com

www.care.com

Great Company, Great Services, but Lacking in Hiring Knowledge

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Friendly staff, great leadership team, fantastic employee benefits, good hours, nice new office.

Cons

I think they were so quick to hire someone for their posted position, they didn't focus on what they really needed and instead just hired someone that they "thought" would fit. Instead, they needed something different, and I was let go after about 90 days. My skills in certain areas were a perfect fit, however in one big area they were not, and unfortunately that was enough for me to be let go. Also, they expect you in the office 45-50 hours a week, plus my position included working nights and weekends on top of that. It's a struggle to find a work-life balance when you work that much.

I was the third person hired for that position that didn't work out. I think they need to re-evaluate what they need before they hire again. This could go for all positions, it's important to hire smartly.

Other reviews for Care.com

Intense but great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

It's a friendly, but intense environment, that really challenges one to do their very best.

Cons

Sometimes the workloads can get a little too intense, and the "firedrills" sometimes happen far too often.

Take time to celebrate the successes

Independent user of Care.com web-site (not main office employee)

Pros

Care.com is an excellent filter between you and a potential client. The customers looking for help can have access to your pertinent information only and you have access to who they are, and what their needs are etc. You choose to whom you apply and Care.com contacts you when someone has answered you. I have set to have text and email alerts sent to me to hasten a response time. You may also be contacted without having applied if someone likes your profile and information and you can look them up before responding. Care.com also has payment options for you to choose your method of payment and has Insurance available if you have your payments go through them, which you don't have to. I suggest having a background check on file and this is available through Care.com for 16$

Cons

The challenges are: The prime member cost per month is rather high respectively but you don't have to pay anything to be a member, but I have garnered more attention when I am featured as a prime member. It is also imperative that you be a self motivator because you will get the most out of it when you are assertive and on top of reply's and sending applications etc..

There are newer employer reviews for Care.com.

Worked for Care.com? Contribute to the Community!