Care.com
care.com Waltham, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Great Company, Great Services, but Lacking in Hiring Knowledge

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Care.com full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly staff, great leadership team, fantastic employee benefits, good hours, nice new office.

ConsI think they were so quick to hire someone for their posted position, they didn't focus on what they really needed and instead just hired someone that they "thought" would fit. Instead, they needed something different, and I was let go after about 90 days. My skills in certain areas were a perfect fit, however in one big area they were not, and unfortunately that was enough for me to be let go. Also, they expect you in the office 45-50 hours a week, plus my position included working nights and weekends on top of that. It's a struggle to find a work-life balance when you work that much.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was the third person hired for that position that didn't work out. I think they need to re-evaluate what they need before they hire again. This could go for all positions, it's important to hire smartly.

Intense but great

Waltham, MA

I have been working at Care.com

Pros: It's a friendly, but intense environment, that really challenges one… Cons: Sometimes the workloads can get a little too intense, and… Advice to Senior Management: Take time to celebrate the successes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wonderfully rewarding experience.

I have been working at Care.com

Pros: Really smart people, fantastic leaders, fast pace. Cons: There is pressure to perform day in and day out.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work. Love the company parties! More

There are newer reviews on Care.com.

Worked for Care.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Care.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Care.com CEO Sheila Lirio Marcelo. All reviews posted anonymously by Care.com employees.