There are newer employer reviews for Care.com

Fast-growing company. Stay here for 5 years, and you're resume will look great forever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Care.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depending on the position you have, you will have a lot of work thrown at you. Amazing growth opportunities and the chance to rise up the ranks and the firm grows. And it is growing!

Cons

It's not uncommon for people to work 7 days a week for horribly low pay. With the fast growth, you also have a lot of superstar individuals who're now in managerial positions. They've never managed before and you never want to work under a rookie manager. It is painful. .

The values you state at the company meetings are not the ones you practice. We know that. We discuss these things in our own private groups and at our office lunches. But with the kind of opportunities you offer, who would leave? You look great on my resume. This is no longer the "we're all here together as a family" and "honesty & openness" start-up I joined. And the way we're growing, I'm okay bearing with that.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Care.com (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Great Services, but Lacking in Hiring Knowledge

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Care.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, great leadership team, fantastic employee benefits, good hours, nice new office.

Cons

I think they were so quick to hire someone for their posted position, they didn't focus on what they really needed and instead just hired someone that they "thought" would fit. Instead, they needed something different, and I was let go after about 90 days. My skills in certain areas were a perfect fit, however in one big area they were not, and unfortunately that was enough for me to be let go. Also, they expect you in the office 45-50 hours a week, plus my position included working nights and weekends on top of that. It's a struggle to find a work-life balance when you work that much.

I was the third person hired for that position that didn't work out. I think they need to re-evaluate what they need before they hire again. This could go for all positions, it's important to hire smartly.

Intense but great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Care.com

Pros

It's a friendly, but intense environment, that really challenges one to do their very best.

Cons

Sometimes the workloads can get a little too intense, and the "firedrills" sometimes happen far too often.

Take time to celebrate the successes

There are newer employer reviews for Care.com

Worked for Care.com? Contribute to the Community!