There are newer employer reviews for CareCore National

Miserable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

I worked at CareCore National

Pros

Finding something positive to say about my time at CareCore is a near impossible task. Salaries can be on the high side if you are aware going in that turnover is extremely high and the company will pay more on the front end when recruiting.

Cons

This is a truly terrible place to work and by far the worst experience I have had in my professional life. The problem lies solely with the Executive management team and their thoughts on how to lead an organization.

LEADERSHIP - The CEO/founder of the company, while a nice enough man on the outside, has a ruthless streak and will do whatever is necessary to grow business. Fair enough for a CEO, but in order to accomplish this, he has surrounded himself with a team of 'yes men' who manage the organization chart with fear and intimidation. I have never seen a company where nearly all staff from entry to EVP level go to work daily with fear in their mind that they will be fired that day.

People are hired with little to no experience in health care. While it's encouraging to see an organization that values military service and provides returning veterans with the opportunity to put their leadership skills to work, the preferential treatment given to these people is disheartening. Those with healthcare skills are overlooked for high-paying positions that are given to military veterans with no experience or understanding of how civilian life differs from combat.

BENEFITS - Awful! The current health plan has a very high deductible and those with family coverage can expect to spend over $8,000 out of pocket on an annual basis (deductible and coinsurance, plus high bi-weekly premiums) if anyone in their family should suffer any illness. Depending on the level you are at, you will receive three or four weeks of PTO. Not bad, but taking it is a near impossible task. If you are in a client-facing or management role, you are never off. You are expected to be on call all the time - but they do not pay for your Blackberry or Smart Phone.

The 401(K) is not something you can even participate in for one year after starting. Additionally, there is no matching.

TRAINING - There is minimal amounts of training or leadership development. New hires are greeted by systems that do not work, antiquated infrastructure that does not correlate to the technologically advanced services that are being sold, and leadership that is too busy/stressed/disengaged to make them feel welcome to the organization. There are a handful of trainers within the organization but they are devoted to call center employees. If you are hired into a non-call center environment, you are on your own.

WORKLOAD - Unrealistic demands and expectations are shipped down from the senior level. This company does not say no to client demands. This is all well and good, but the company's resources are not equipped to handle the business that is being shoved through the pipeline. It's well known that throughout the company that they are growing business for the sake of growing business. There's a large difference between growth and smart growth. The COO can be a tyrant and his staff runs around in fear of losing their jobs and drops his name any time they want to "light a fire" under someone.

MORALE - Turnover is extremely high at all levels. VP's, Directors, Managers, and downward are in and out of this place weekly on both a voluntary and involuntary basis. On average, about 40 people per month are cycling out of CareCore. The HR and Account Management teams have turned over twice within the last two years. Morale and engagement are the lowest I've ever witnessed or heard of at any organization.

SECRECY - the company is privately held and therefore financials and other information relative to the company's success is hidden from the staff. While management will talk about success, it truly is something you have to take their word for as there is no backup given to support this assertion. The Executive Management team are shareholders in the company and do not feel any obligation to their staff.

I hate for this to sound like a rant. I am trying to give a realistic view of this organization for those who may consider it in the future. I hate to see someone else make the same mistake that so many of us did by putting our futures on the line to join this terribly managed organization.

Listen to people! The prevailing thought with CareCore's executive management team when approached about the unhappiness mentioned above is, "welcome to CareCore." The organization has allegedly been successful by ruling with the proverbial iron fist and management is under the impression that this is the reason why. I fear for this organization's continued success - as the company grows larger and larger, the management team's heavy involvement in day-to-day operations and micromanagement of all layers of the organization chart will begin to impede growth.

It would be in the best interest of the organization to clean house of all management. The current team has reached their capacity; the company is now too large for this group to continue to manage it successfully.

reviews filtered by

Quintessential sweat shop

I worked at CareCore National full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At least if is a job

Cons

Employees are treated like robots. Do your work, dont ask questions, dont expect positive feedback.
    I worked there for a year and quit after finding an alternative. Some things you do for the money; if in a pinch, this may do for a while. But it is hard to keep your self respect realizing that no one cares about anything but money in the corporate side of this company. Awful company.

Read the comments, mine cannot be the only bad one.

Sad

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company loses the people that could make a difference. If you are a YES man no matter what YOU think, then this is the company for you. With the economy the way it is I am sad to say I fall in this category. Hopefully only temporarily.

Cons

Horrible upper management and terrible health benefits. But at least I only need to know two words in the English Language. "YES SIR".

There are newer employer reviews for CareCore National