CareFusion

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

Not Great All of the Time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Our products are awesome. We have great people here. My mangers give great feedback and support me. I am succeeding here.

Cons

Too many FTEs walking around worried about losing their jobs everyday. This creates a tremendously stressful environment - imagine how people interact in meetings, on deadlines, etc when we are thinking "it's every man for himself!" I have been subjected to countless meetings of misery.

I felt so cheated when we were forced to take two unpaid days off to meet quarterly numbers - I will never forget that.
Many of us hit by the recession still live paycheck to paycheck. One week notice to receive a shortened paycheck, and as a non-FTE I was not able to rely on PTO or sick time to compensate for the hit - that was brutal. I already have had to deal with mediocre options in purchasing health insurance in the private market these last 5 years as a consultant/contractor that has never met my needs as a human being. Stop sticking it to the little guy - we just want to be happy and not worry about survival stuff. Contemplate what it is like to be in our shoes and provide us with the tools we need to focus on being successful - please!

418 Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion (View Most Recent)

Confusion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

San Diego is a great city in which to work. Convenient gym in the building. Some of the people are talented and helpful.

Cons

The matrix organization leads to people coming and going on projects without continuity. Too many "directors," especially ones who have been around for over a decade and are far removed from being informed yet are still in positions to hinder work. There are more forms of paperwork than a gaggle of directors could shake a red stapler at, leading to paperwork trails that seem complete but without anyone having true accountability. There is a lot of dead weight from employees who have been around a lot and are required on signatures and it seems that their only reason for existing is for obscure documents that no longer matter, yet they seem to take up the majority of your time to get the simplest of tasks completed.

Eliminate most directors, remove dead weight employees, form smaller teams with accountability.

Was a nice place to work when it was Pyxis but the new management is killing the company

Current Employee - R&D Dispensing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - R&D Dispensing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonably competitive salaries. Generous vacation plan.

Cons

Senior management is incompetent and unethical. There has been no innovation in our products since Cardinal Health took us over and replaced all the management with their own. Ever since then, the management decisions lack any vision or even common sense. The business is only hanging on because of the continuing success of the "legacy" product lines even thought for 8 years, all the R&D funding that would otherwise have gone into these product lines has been diverted into a virtual black hole known as the "next generation" products. The next generation products have failed to materialize, partly because the management decided to reinvent the wheel from scratch, excluding the expertise and lessons learned from the legacy R&D team and instead using people brought in from outside the company. Those who originally designed and built the highly successful "legacy" products are marginalized and not included in the development of the new products, which would save the company from relearning all the same lessons the hard way.

Re-purpose the ES group to create a REAL international product - not just a translated domestic product and also invest in the legacy domestic product lines. Stop thinking in terms of either / or when it comes to "legacy" versus ES. International is where the future is but CareFusion is missing the boat because there is no real development going to create an international dispensing product. This will never happen unless you dedicate a significant part of your development pipeline to such an effort. Also, you are committing suicide by killing off your legacy domestic R&D capability and no extending that product line. You are delusional if you really think you'll be able to get all your domestic customer off the old product and onto ES. What's far more likely to happen is customers will get sick of waiting for up to date technology from CareFusion and a competitor will knock us out of the game.

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion