CareFusion

www.carefusion.com

Most dysfunctional place I have ever worked.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsCompetitive benefits. Interesting technology. Was fun in the Pyxis days.

Cons1. Very subjective. Certain managers are widely known to "hold grudges", and who stays and who goes makes it very obvious they are allowed to carry them out.
2. Management training for managers should be compulsory. Managers are allowed to opt out -- and inevitably those are the managers who need the training.
3. Poor employee orientation and onboarding -- new employees wander around lost for weeks with no idea how to schedule a conference room or where to find the paper clips.
4. No admin support whatsoever. You have to figure out everything yourself -- like where to find the paper clips and how on earth to order a box of pens.
5. Awful work environment. Tiny low-walled cubes, no cube etiquette whatsoever; people shout, have speakerphone meetings in their cubes (ever heard of a headset?), play music, carry on hourlong hallway conversations about personal matters, and retaliate when someone speaks up about it.
6. Theft is rampant. Literally, if it is not nailed down, it will disappear. Everything from partially eaten food in the common fridge to staplers.
7. A lot of unhappy people afraid to leave because of the economy.
8. Very political.
9. Empire building and territorial behavior. Some people will not help you and/or will actually try to throw obstacles in your path because they perceive, albeit incorrectly, that if they hoard the knowledge, their job will be secure.
10. "e-classes" -- surely invented by someone trying to justify their existence, as never have I seen anything that is more of an obstacle to productivity. Training a product marketing manager on how to drive a forklift? Really? I spent more time on ridiculous e-classes that had nothing to do with my job, than actually doing my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to motivate people properly. Hint: "the beatings will continue until morale improves" is not the way.

Good company to work for

Analyst (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at CareFusion

Pros: Good paycheck, good benefit, decent vacation, product that support public… Cons: Highly educated customers don't act professionally. Customers and CareFusion have mutual benefits.… Advice to Senior Management: More office party, lunch and learn. There's no such thing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was enjoyable and educational.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

I worked at CareFusion

Pros: Company really cares about their employees, and always do what is right by the employee. It's a new company, so the culture is still… Cons: Since it is a new company they went through a lot of issues with management often changing strategies and policies. They are still trying… Advice to Senior Management: Do something and stick to it, don't flip flop and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CareFusion.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!