Relatively relaxed and respectful workplace

Former Employee - Engineer Intern  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Engineer Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion as an intern for more than a year

Pros

-Somewhat relaxed work environment
-Employees are respectful

Cons

-boring technology and boring job
-boring intern program, interns do nothing but testing.

Other Reviews for CareFusion

Avoid if you can

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and nice location in sunny Sun Diego. Most likely stable job in the medical devices industry which is great in the times of bad economy.

Cons

Very political. Expect others take credit for your work or be thrown under the bus by incompetent co-workers. Poor software engineering practices - they are pretty much non-existent. Code reviews are done by a committee of 3-4 people who walk in the conference room and never seen your code before. For them it is pretty much a regulatory formality of medical industry to do code reviews and has nothing to do with any type of software engineering. Poor design and implementation of code which is normally just a bunch of spaghetti code.

There are many contractors at the company which just come and go. Presumably, this practice allows company to save cost but with people also goes knowledge. Very high attrition rate among product and project management employees. I was a witness when people just walked out of the door without giving required two weeks notice or after spending just 2-3 months with the company because they were burned down.

Increase your hiring bar for software engineer roles

Could be a great company?

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of benefits. Work from home with the freedom of scheduling your own workday, most of the time. Not too much overtime depending on where you live.

Cons

24X7 job. You may get every other weekend off. Short staffed all the time with short sighted middle management. Constantly being told how we should be doing our job by a bunch of people that have never been in the field and have no clue what challenges we face each day.

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!