There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

No innovation or risk taking. Lots of bean counting...

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time

Pros

Stable environment. Potential for products to save lives. Located in San Diego, CA.

Cons

Very few "A" players, especially in management. Lack of support for career development. Always in cost cutting or spending freeze mode. Little communication. Heavy weight processes.

Stop acting like a money-losing bankruptcy bound enterprise, and start acting like the money-making market leader we are.

372 Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion (View Most Recent)

Alcoholic lower level management and a million directors fighting for power

Former Employee - IT Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits if you can make it through the HR process to get them started. Lots of chances to touch new hardware. IT can expect at least one training class per year.

Cons

Things disappear in the office. Tie your things down or they will be gone.
    There is a real buddy buddy system between the mid level managers and the corporate directors. Their buddy buddy relationships are usually forged and solidified during binge drinking corporate and vendor outings.. Prepare to binge drink with them or you will be come an outcast.
    IT is paid well below market (compared to Intuit or Qualcomm) yet managers still constantly complain about how employees are overpaid, and how well we are treated by them. 60-80 Hour work weeks are the norm. Expect to be on call allways. Carefusion likes to tout their work / life balance, but it's a joke. They view workers are rented mules they can drive into the ground.
    The threat of your job being outsourced to India or Kuala Lumpur is constant. and used often by Management to drive workers to more productivity IT management never wants the worker bee's to become too comfortable in their jobs. Bullying tactics, finger pointing, fear and intimidation are the standard modes of operation for mid level IT management.
    The only thing constant in Carefusions IT department is change. After an IT environment is stabilized, expect mid level managers to view it as an advancement opportunity. Then you get to watch all of your hard work get ripped out as they replace all of the old equipment.
    Managers will also do this so the vendors will keep providing Del Mar track days / Chargers tickets/ / Padres tickets / free lunches. / binge drinking expeditions.
    Ironically I have never been at a company they has treated it Var's partners and OEM's so poorly and unprofessionally. Beat on the vendor is a favorite game in IT management. Expect any relationships you build with a Vendor to be torpedoed by your management so their latest whim. can be fulfilled.
    Empire building and infighting is rampant. Try to stay out of they way or be caught in the backwash.
    The HR ethics hotline is a just for show, and it is not by any means confidential. Any investigations by HR will be derailed by the buddy buddy system. Bottom line is you're on your own.
    I would view Carefusion as a contract opportunity with really good benefits. The pressure placed on employees is intense. You are driven my management until you drop. Three people have left the floor I work on with mental breakdowns. This is not a worker friendly environment. It's a great place to pick up new hardware and skills, but I'd view it as a contract and jump ship after updating my resume.

Stay right there where you can't hurt anyone else. Seek therapy to resolve your childhood issues.

layoff surprise

Former Employee - Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for less than a year

Pros

great products great customers great surprised by FDA recall

Cons

lay off surprise FDA recalls position eliminated

Hire and promote managers that will give feed back. Avoid hiring individuals who have an obvious bias. I had several great reviews and a few other reviews that crossed the line between professional and discriminatory. Manager would not share the details or allow me to review or rebut the few negative reviews. Layoffs are demoralizing the cohesiveness of the sales and sales support groups.

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!