There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

Lots of work!

Former Employee - Contracts Coordinator in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Contracts Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The is in a great location with onsite gym and cafateria. The PTO package grows while employed and I had 5 weeks.

Cons

Crazy amount of work. I came back from PTO and the amount of work stockpiling was just silly. There are some real issues with workflow, upside if you are a real problem solver, but most time you spend a great deal amount of time rework upstream decisions.

unexpected layoffs (RIF)

promote and pay more. bring back Employee stock program

399 Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion (View Most Recent)

Mixed reviews

Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many smart people work there.

Cons

Can't execute, the people that work from home are not held accountable. Layoff after layoff.

Open your eyes.

Senior Management gets rich at their employee's expense

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fairly simple business model, simple work, nice place to grow old especially if you want to just sit back and do what your told and collect pay checks.

Cons

Revolving consistent layoffs while Senior Management pockets huge bonuses. No stock options for employees under Director level which provides incentive for layoff's and contingent/contract employment. Heavy top down management. No culture, no community involvement. Bullying by middle management is rewarded. Been here almost a year now, never have had an opportunity to meet my (or any) VP.

In the latest All hands the CFO said "the most important indicator of our success is our stock price". Unfortunately that is exactly how the company is run. Needless to say this is short sited, probably on purpose. Happy engineers will make you money, that's what we do, don't worry about it. If you want long term success as a large company you need to create a culture of collaboration, community awareness, human value, and customer satisfaction. Those things must trump the value of your stock. If the engineers, community, and country understands the companies “higher value”, then when your stock drops they will come to your rescue, just as you must rescue the people under you when they need you.

The CEO when asked “why job freeze if we made huge profits?”…actually there was more than a job freeze there was massive layoffs… he said “we must be careful so it’s not painful when we have to do a real layoff”. Hu??? It was real and painful to the people that are now without income. CEO seemed to have no human understanding of his decision to cut jobs, as a matter of fact he never once mentioned the cuts in his 2 hour meeting. Instead he focused only on getting us unaffected employee’s back to working fast (as if we are not understaffed now and it was our fault and the affected peoples fault). I would advise the CEO to let the mangers focus on getting people back to work, you need to build a healthy happy community, even if it means you personally make 1 million next year vs 2. I would like to tell mr CEO that wealth is greater than what's in your bank. I promise you, nobody will remember or respect you or CareFusion when your stock/money dries up! You have a chance to change that, start now.

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion