CareFusion

www.carefusion.com
  www.carefusion.com
There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

Could be an outstanding company, but can't find it's identity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people. Hands down, some of the best co-workers I've EVER worked with. Professional, compassionate. involved and dedicated.

Cons

The management. Middle management, in particular. They have their own agenda, the right hand doesn't know (or care) what the left hand is doing. I watched a thriving, alive, vibrant, hard working, successful department be obliterated by one person. Numerous complaints were lodged, and nothing was done. Most of the department has left and the heart of it is completely gone. Apparently, so is the manager, finally. But the damage was done.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. When there are complaints about a manager or managers, LISTEN. Don't dismiss the grunt workers. They are the ones working with these people day in and day out and they see so much more than you ever will. When you're around, everyone is on their best behavior, and you will never see the yelling, the deceit, the lies you're being told....please, listen. And stop the constant RIFs. It's exceedingly dificult to work in a culture where you know that any day, another 100 people or so will be laid off.

412 Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion (View Most Recent)

Good people, good products, still trying to find their spun-off sea legs

Current Employee - Manager, Contracts in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Contracts in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In a word, the people. It never ceases to amaze me how many great people work at this company. People who want to see CFN succeed. People who want to see the companys' products benefit the market. People who will go out of their way to make your issue their issue.

Cons

The People are overworked and underpaid. It is the never changing saga and plight of the individual human resource belonging to the publically traded entity who owes nothing to anyone except the stockholder.

Depending on the department, the pay is not in keeping with the market; we have lost many good people to greener grass.

Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service.

Allow for the voice of the employee to reach the executive level in forums other than generic Voice of Employee surveys, where the questions are so vague the responses can interpreted 180 degrees from the respondants' intent.

When saving money in the second half of the fiscal year, be consistent with the level of savings measures in all departments...restricting a $50 spend on lunch for a mgr and their team doesn't seem in line with a accidental email to all employees informing of a sales spiff all expenses paid vacation to Costa Rica for the top few sales reps and their families.

Take a hard look at your hierarchy. Find a way to assess your low-mid mgmt. Ask your employees...All managers should be required to submit a 180-degree review that is is then sent/viewed by that persons' manager.

When cutting, impacting the line level headcount forces efficiency, but only to a point. Some depts at CareFusion are well beyond that point. Further cuts to those actually doing the work (ie non-management) are counterproductive in both the short and longterm.

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience has been positive, all of my supervisors have been supportive, listen well, and provide good guidance. Salary is reasonable.

Cons

Need better communication between departments.

Driven too much by shareholder wealth. While I understand it is a for profit company, at times we push through things that in fact should take additional time.

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion