CareFusion

www.carefusion.com
  www.carefusion.com
There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

Good people, good products, still trying to find their spun-off sea legs

Current Employee - Manager, Contracts in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Manager, Contracts in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In a word, the people. It never ceases to amaze me how many great people work at this company. People who want to see CFN succeed. People who want to see the companys' products benefit the market. People who will go out of their way to make your issue their issue.

Cons

The People are overworked and underpaid. It is the never changing saga and plight of the individual human resource belonging to the publically traded entity who owes nothing to anyone except the stockholder.

Depending on the department, the pay is not in keeping with the market; we have lost many good people to greener grass.

Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service.

Allow for the voice of the employee to reach the executive level in forums other than generic Voice of Employee surveys, where the questions are so vague the responses can interpreted 180 degrees from the respondants' intent.

When saving money in the second half of the fiscal year, be consistent with the level of savings measures in all departments...restricting a $50 spend on lunch for a mgr and their team doesn't seem in line with a accidental email to all employees informing of a sales spiff all expenses paid vacation to Costa Rica for the top few sales reps and their families.

Take a hard look at your hierarchy. Find a way to assess your low-mid mgmt. Ask your employees...All managers should be required to submit a 180-degree review that is is then sent/viewed by that persons' manager.

When cutting, impacting the line level headcount forces efficiency, but only to a point. Some depts at CareFusion are well beyond that point. Further cuts to those actually doing the work (ie non-management) are counterproductive in both the short and longterm.

412 Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion (View Most Recent)

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience has been positive, all of my supervisors have been supportive, listen well, and provide good guidance. Salary is reasonable.

Cons

Need better communication between departments.

Driven too much by shareholder wealth. While I understand it is a for profit company, at times we push through things that in fact should take additional time.

Overall a good experience

Former Employee - Analyst, Product Implementation in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Analyst, Product Implementation in Detroit, MI

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working with Hospital pharmacy staff as well as other Analyst, engineers etc...

Cons

Executive management makes all decisions from top down, no input from the field staff. Very difficult to get support from the home office. Pay is low for responsibility.

Slim the executive managers before field staff. The field staff is what keeps the customers happy.

There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion