CareFusion
www.carefusion.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Good people, good products, still trying to find their spun-off sea legs

Manager, Contracts (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsIn a word, the people. It never ceases to amaze me how many great people work at this company. People who want to see CFN succeed. People who want to see the companys' products benefit the market. People who will go out of their way to make your issue their issue.

ConsThe People are overworked and underpaid. It is the never changing saga and plight of the individual human resource belonging to the publically traded entity who owes nothing to anyone except the stockholder.

Depending on the department, the pay is not in keeping with the market; we have lost many good people to greener grass.

Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for the voice of the employee to reach the executive level in forums other than generic Voice of Employee surveys, where the questions are so vague the responses can interpreted 180 degrees from the respondants' intent.

When saving money in the second half of the fiscal year, be consistent with the level of savings measures in all departments...restricting a $50 spend on lunch for a mgr and their team doesn't seem in line with a accidental email to all employees informing of a sales spiff all expenses paid vacation to Costa Rica for the top few sales reps and their families.

Take a hard look at your hierarchy. Find a way to assess your low-mid mgmt. Ask your employees...All managers should be required to submit a 180-degree review that is is then sent/viewed by that persons' manager.

When cutting, impacting the line level headcount forces efficiency, but only to a point. Some depts at CareFusion are well beyond that point. Further cuts to those actually doing the work (ie non-management) are counterproductive in both the short and longterm.

Worst place I have ever worked

Global Operations (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A paycheck, albeit not competitive with similar positions. My… Cons: There was not a day of PTO (paid time off) that I did not have to be available for a con call or conversation w/Senior… Advice to Senior Management: How can Kieran have a 44% rating with such a big number of unhappy employee?. The "C" suite could care less about its employees.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent company to work for

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: My experience has been positive, all of my supervisors have been… Cons: Need better communication between departments. Advice to Senior Management: Driven too much by shareholder wealth. While I understand it is a for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CareFusion.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareFusion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareFusion CEO Kieran Gallahue. All reviews posted anonymously by CareFusion employees.