Hell on earth!

Former Employee - Absence Management Specialist  in  Dublin, OH
Former Employee - Absence Management Specialist in Dublin, OH

I worked at CareWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

ice cream once per year

Cons

overwhelming workload, no training to speak of, too many manual processes, full 40 hour work week, half-hour lunches, low pay, unresponsive/clueless management, high burnout/turnover rate, no support staff, constant phone calls, people crying at their desks daily, high stress/irate callers, it is a call center even though they tell you in the interview that it's not

Just because someone doesn't specifically tell you they are miserable in their job doesn't mean they're not. Invest in some people skills, ask people how they are doing, provide more feedback before things escalate beyond repair. Hire more CSRs. Stop blaming the absence specialists for everything and take some accountability. Here's a clue - AMSs can't answer 60-70 calls per day, print out packets, process paperwork, answer emails, keep the client happy, all by themselves. Learn this, and then maybe you won't see people quitting/burning out after 2 months.

Other Reviews for CareWorks

Clueless

I worked at CareWorks

Pros

None that I c an speak of. Ice cream will not "fix" the current issues.

Cons

Preferential treatment; hostile work environment; no support

Treat all employees equally, with respect, care, support and acknowledgement of their hard work. Maybe then there will not be such a turnover.

Wonderful, caring place to work where you are treated with respect and as a valued member of the company.

Former Employee - Team Assistant  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Team Assistant in Dublin, OH

I worked at CareWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

CareWorks is always giving opportunities for training and advancement. The on-boarding process is very thorough and they give you everything you need to know to get off to a good start with the company. They value the employee and show it constantly with gift cards, workday ice cream socials, catered appreciation lunches, and so many personal touches most companies don't bother with.

Cons

I had no problems at all, but punctuality to work is important. Above all else confidentiality and processing paperwork by the deadlines are crucial.

I enjoyed working here and have no advice for the management, except to expand to other states so I'd have an opportunity to work for them again.

There are newer employer reviews for CareWorks.

Worked for CareWorks? Contribute to the Community!