Career Connections, Inc.

www.ccicareers.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Career Connections, Inc.

It was an okay job whil in between jobs

I worked at Career Connections, Inc.

Pros

It payed well at first

Cons

The lies that get told by management

reviews filtered by
  1. I would never work for them again. I would never recommend them to anyone as an employer.

Former Employee - Help-desk Associate in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Help-desk Associate in Boulder, CO

I worked at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's very easy to get hired... but they may lie to you as they did to me at the initial interview, and tell you that you're working for Big Blue instead of CCI. You do get to work with iMacs instead of Windows PCs (thank God!). In the beginning, top performers were given cash gift cards, but that was ended when a new D.S. Manager took over.

Cons

Poor classroom training; although we covered all the material concerning Apple iOS products, we actually spent more time just watching Apple commercials and playing idiotic parlor games, something like "Charades" (I'm not kidding) than almost anything else. The work itself was difficult in the beginning because of the poor training - many of my classmates quit within a month of going "live" on the phones as help-desk advisors because the work was so frustrating and non-stop. I worked there over a year, and perhaps 6 or 7 of my classmates remained from an original class of 40 trainees. We were not permitted to have pen/pencil, paper, phones, food, or virtually anything on our desks, except for our elbows and tightly-lidded drinks. I was given a number of meaningless laminated "award" certificates for good performance, but we were not allowed to print out or use any of the excellent recommendations written about us by our callers once we'd resolved their iOS problems.

Onerous micromanagement through invasive analytics - it's life under a microscope. We were constantly being graded on and harassed for our performance, measured by more than a dozen metrics, while there was no accountability for the sorry state of the software systems we actually used to do our job. We were always told to "put in a ticket" for IT system problems, which would request that an issue would be fixed by the IT staff onsite, but the issues almost always reoccurred in rapid fashion.

The slightest evidence of customer dissatisfaction required a written explanation from the help-desk analyst who handled the call; many times the customer was furious with Apple's policies itself, something an associate like myself had no control over, yet I was held responsible for the customer's displeasure.

Poor advancement within the company unless you're a back-biting barracuda like most of lower-level management (there are some noble exceptions), "mandatory overtime" during busy seasons and new product releases; a dingy, run-down, sometimes filthy IBM-Boulder campus, a health-insurance plan whose premiums bite deeply into your take-home pay, and an IT infrastructure that is woefully inadequate and always underperforming. Steer clear - I believe that if there is any justice, the Earth will open up and swallow Career Connections, Inc. in Boulder, CO. I cannot recommend Career Connections or Apple support positions in Boulder, Colorado to anyone; I quit that job to take a hard-labor construction job, and I'm glad that I did it.

Advice to Management

It is useless to criticize or advise Career Connection's upper management, because they are well aware of what goes on in the workplace, and they want things to be the way they are. Apple itself bears a share of the blame, but I suppose Apple is very pleased to be able to set up sweatshops in the USA as well as in the Far East. I will say this to those hyenas - some day you will realize that your careers would have been more worthwhile and satisfying had they not consisted largely of deceit, treachery, and incompetence.

Worst company I have ever worked for...

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Career Connections, Inc. as a contractor

Pros

None really any I can think of

Cons

Poor management, lies told to employees, they will do anything to not pay, employee moral is terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Career Connections, Inc.